Fine, I'll make my OWN Thursday Knights podcast!

This forum is for everything else, be it talking about the podcast itself, the latest video game, or anything else!

Postby Steltek » March 7th, 2014, 7:12 pm

Hi! I have been listening to Thursday Knights since about halfway through the 4E campaign. I miss the podcast, so here is what I do:

1. Go to the most recent episode on twitch.tv

2. Copy The URL

3. Go to Twitchtools.com

4. Paste the URL.

5. Download the segments.

6. Batch convert the segments to an MP3.

That takes like 60 seconds of my actual time at most, the rest is all the download and conversion. More than worth it to be able to carry Clint Howard with me wherever I go.
Steltek

Re: Fine, I'll make my OWN Thursday Knights podcast!

Postby Jinto » September 16th, 2014, 1:27 pm

I wish i had though of this sooner i had been watching the archives now either twitch is being twitch or some of the archives are lost and im forever a months and months behind :cry:

This is what i get for thinking they would be online for a while maybe i will get lucky they will magically appear again :/
Jinto

Postby Greg » September 30th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Jinto wrote:I wish i had though of this sooner i had been watching the archives now either twitch is being twitch or some of the archives are lost and im forever a months and months behind :cry:

This is what i get for thinking they would be online for a while maybe i will get lucky they will magically appear again :/

Sadly Twitch recently changed a policy that caused all old videos to be removed. They are now only saved for 60 or 90 days unless we create specific highlights.

This is one reason the podcast is starting back up again! We put out two new episodes last week, and two more are going up today :)
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Postby Diggles » September 30th, 2014, 7:52 pm

never knew why you guys didnt put your stuff on youtube as well. Currently there is only 1 watchable LIVE D&D group. Most are roll20 virtual tables and awful, nothing like TK in their 4e hayday.
You guys are a great example to help introduce people into tabletop RPG, git on youtube!
Diggles

Postby Ceraph » October 3rd, 2014, 1:43 pm

I will say, as someone that has tried both, it is much harder to get a quality "live" experience than it is to get a quality Roll20 experience.

With Roll20 you don't need to worry about the mic not picking up everyone because everyone has their own mic. You don't need to worry about video either since you can show the board with great fidelity while, with only a little tweaking, get video going as well for each player individually. However, I still prefer playing a tabletop game live. Just wish it didn't take so much technical know-how and monetary investment to make the broadcast good

Along that lines... Greg, you guys do a brilliant job of it
Ceraph

Postby Jinto » October 10th, 2014, 9:33 pm

Greg wrote:Sadly Twitch recently changed a policy that caused all old videos to be removed. They are now only saved for 60 or 90 days unless we create specific highlights.

This is one reason the podcast is starting back up again! We put out two new episodes last week, and two more are going up today :)

Yea that change made me really sad but really happy to see the podcast find its way back to earth :)
Jinto

Postby Diggles » October 11th, 2014, 10:23 pm

it really sucks because I would often reference some of their old videos to people who had never played RPG type game or for newer systems like Edge of Empire so they could get a feel for the game.

TK could easily be posting their stuff on youtube though, far more permanent
Diggles

Postby Greg » October 12th, 2014, 12:53 am

Diggles wrote:it really sucks because I would often reference some of their old videos to people who had never played RPG type game or for newer systems like Edge of Empire so they could get a feel for the game.

TK could easily be posting their stuff on youtube though, far more permanent

I wouldn't say easily, but yeah, the plan for a long time had been to put stuff on YouTube. We still have offline copies of pretty much all of the episodes, so it's something I would still like to do.

Definitely agree that it sucks we lost the archive on Twitch.
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Return to Everything Else