Twitch seems to be eating your videos

This forum is for everything else, be it talking about the podcast itself, the latest video game, or anything else!

Postby Protesilaus » June 20th, 2013, 9:01 am

It appears that after about a week, your videos disappear. So far on your twitch channel you have your game from last night (Wed) and before that an Atomic Robo (only one of them) game. So your first and second week of the Season 2 is gone along with your New World of Darkness games. All your old shows are still on there, so I am not sure what is happening to the VODs. It seems like whenever you record a new episode, your previous episode is no longer shown (on past broadcasts).
Protesilaus

Re: Twitch seems to be eating your videos

Postby Greg » June 20th, 2013, 2:42 pm

You appear to be correct!

That is quite unfortunate. It used to be that Partner videos were automatically saved forever, but it looks like it has switched back to needing to be manually clicked.

The good news is that I have offline copies of the recordings and will be processing them for YouTube this weekend!
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Postby Sanguinesun » June 21st, 2013, 2:26 pm

Oh good then. I missed your session last night too (bad heart burn kept me awake late so I slept through it :( )
Sanguinesun

Postby Arclight » June 23rd, 2013, 1:22 pm

I also noticed that some of your videos are missing pieces it would seem on Twitch.tv. I was watching the first part of your Fate Core game and the video stopped suddenly on the 1 hour mark and wouldn't play beyond that, neither could I fast forward or anything either. Not sure if it is an issue with twitch.tv or not but I would be quite grateful if you could upload the Fate related videos to youtube as I am very interested in seeing how its played! Thanks.
Arclight

Postby AlchemicFox » June 27th, 2013, 3:14 pm

I've never been able to get ANY twitch video to play past the 1 hour mark, not just TK.
AlchemicFox

Character Name: Baelethenar

Postby Thoth » June 27th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Fox, that *might* be related to flash version / browser configurations. I know I've had that issue before, and running the video in a different browser would often fix that issue. Not sure what causes it, but eh, Flash is a massive pile :p
Thoth

Character Name: Verbose Chatmod

Postby AlchemicFox » June 28th, 2013, 4:26 pm

Yeah, I'm ready to blame Flash as well. I've used 4 different OS and at least 3 browsers on each and get the same result. However I have lately had some success with downloading the .flv directly to watch later.
AlchemicFox

Character Name: Baelethenar

Postby Arclight » June 29th, 2013, 12:49 pm

I wouldn't doubt if it is Flash, it is a waste of coding in my opinion but its what Twitch uses. I've tried to do similar AlchemicFox but can't seem to get certain parts of the recording to download, saying that the file is missing or something like that hence my post about parts being eaten.
Arclight

Return to Everything Else