The Last Episode Thread

This forum is for everything else, be it talking about the podcast itself, the latest video game, or anything else!

Postby Cailin » November 29th, 2012, 12:02 pm

S'awfully quiet round these parts... is this what they call the calm before the storm?
Cailin
TK Player

Character Name: Arora

Re: The Last Episode Thread

Postby Dan » November 29th, 2012, 12:16 pm

As the line between player and character blurs, I think we are all afraid that Greg is going to ask us to fight Lincoln in person. And he has a crossbow.
Dan
TK Player

Character Name: Brandis

Postby Jonin » November 29th, 2012, 12:28 pm

I'm listening to last episode now so I can be ready to roll for tonight. I'm excited for tonight and kinda sad at the same time this campaign is ending. I've gotten used to all the characters and it sure will be strange to have a whole new cast of characters to keep up with.
Jonin

Postby countingku » November 29th, 2012, 1:14 pm

I'm sad and excited for the ending of this story, but I'm very much looking forward to what comes next.
countingku

Character Name: TagrathBanhammer

Postby Thor The Crusher » November 29th, 2012, 1:44 pm

@Cailin
From a viewers perspective In the Thursday Knights universe there be only two storms in existence that matter.

The first is that tornado that sucked up Brandis way back in Paragon Tier.

The Last is Deomin.

No one cares about anything else, because these are the only two anybody will remember.

Not That Loser who got corrupted by the other half of the wind crystal.

Or Umberlee and her little "Typhoons".

Just those two.

Besides that I hope Eric can make it to the session tonight, it would be nice if he could be there for the end of the campaign, still holding out hope for Deomin to return in the final hour and save Wrenn from his own corruption.

ALL HAIL THE Deonado, Master of the Maniacal Storm, Zephyr Of The Third Rebirth, Posesser Of The Living Shadow, Wielder Of The Elemental Blade, He who's Fury Rends the Skies, And Who's Breath Gives Second Life. He is the one, who broke Cyric, who gave freedom to the mad mage, who's storms preside over a broken world of Flesh and Insanity. Know ye foolish mortals that this one's return is Preordained By Corellon, And That his Return is a Celestial Sign Of The Beginning Of A New Age.

If you are still reading this far then you win a cookie. Congratulations. Also it was my birthday yesterday, Huzzah! (I'm 20) I may also try to write more horrible poetry on Hugh if I can get in the mood c:
Thor The Crusher

Postby Jonin » November 29th, 2012, 2:12 pm

Just finished with the last episode. I have to say, that was fucking great. I cannot wait for tonight.
Jonin

Postby Thor The Crusher » November 29th, 2012, 2:20 pm

@Jonin

*Fist bump*
Thor The Crusher

Postby lincoln » November 29th, 2012, 2:26 pm

Thor The Crusher wrote:If you are still reading this far then you win a cookie. Congratulations. Also it was my birthday yesterday, Huzzah! (I'm 20) I may also try to write more horrible poetry on Hugh if I can get in the mood c:

Feliz cumpleanos, buddy!
lincoln
TK Player

Character Name: Wrenn

Postby Dan » November 29th, 2012, 3:49 pm

I'll be riding to, but not from, this final epic sesh. Any chance of there being some fine brew this fine evening?
Dan
TK Player

Postby Thoth » November 29th, 2012, 3:53 pm

My excitement for the night is great, but is sadly darkened by the fact that Comcast is horrible and they have been completely unable to fix whatever voodoo has caused a "temporary service outage" in my area for more than a few minutes out of each hour (for about 4 hours now). Maybe this time is the one where they get it right?

I very much want to be watching live, but if I'm not, you all know I think you're awesome. Congratulations (in advance) on an amazing end to a wonderful campaign. I will (hopefully) be saying that again during the cast.
Thoth

Character Name: Verbose Chatmod

Postby Jakedog4751 » November 29th, 2012, 4:53 pm

I would just like to say that this has been and always will be the best DnD campaign I have read or even heard about.

This campaign actually cheered me on through hard times and has made my life and all the peopl who watch and listen to your podcast better.

Again thank you for your endeavor and I would wish you all to continue what your do and keep the spirit of the Thursday Knights as we finish out a masterpiece. :D
Jakedog4751

Postby Thoth » November 29th, 2012, 11:22 pm

At the end, as everyone was pouring their memories into the crystal - as the (some of) Quorum sacrificed themselves, I asked chat to take a picture of themselves reaching out to or touching their monitor. All of us, giving our memories of the cast over to you all... our way of contributing to saving the world. Many folks said they didn't have a camera but wanted to do it, for those, please feel free to send a picture while watching the archive of the cast.

Here's mine:
Thoth

Postby DeathbyDoughnut » November 29th, 2012, 11:29 pm

2012-11-29_22-17-59_473.jpg
2012-11-29_22-17-59_473.jpg (260.21 KiB) Viewed 14030 times

Great idea Thoth.
Thank you, Greg, Cailin, Lincoln, Sam, Dan, Eric, Kevin and Luke, for all your hard work in keeping us, your fans, entertained week after week for so many years. Gracing us with the lives of these characters whom we have all come to know and enjoy. Great laughs and sorrows were felt throughout the campaign each time we met a new friend or lost one along the way. The story line has been a beautiful example of what a group of friends can do when they get together. Thank you.
DeathbyDoughnut

Postby countingku » November 29th, 2012, 11:32 pm

TK.jpg
TK.jpg (32.56 KiB) Viewed 14028 times
I've got the whole show, in my hand! ;)
countingku

Character Name: TagrathBanhammer

Postby ADarkerPorpoise » November 29th, 2012, 11:36 pm

Thank you all for being an amazing story in my life! You have all been amazing and I appreciate every moment of the time you took out to do this for yourselves and us.

Time to finally buckle down and do my fourth re-listen through :D
ADarkerPorpoise

Postby Riku8745 » November 29th, 2012, 11:38 pm

Thank you so much guys. I only started tuning in maybe two months ago, and I haven't gone back and listened to all of the podcasts yet. I still want to thank all of you, for making this incredibly amazing. That ending had me literally in tears.
Riku8745

Postby Charmth » November 29th, 2012, 11:41 pm

TheSheDM here!

Charmth

Character Name: @TheSheDM

Postby Brotkel » November 29th, 2012, 11:42 pm

I haven't been here for most of the adventure, but I wish I were with you guys now.
Photo 1.jpg
Photo 1.jpg (236.33 KiB) Viewed 14016 times
Brotkel

Postby jimikat » November 30th, 2012, 12:19 am

Love you guys! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. It's been incredible to get to know and grow to love your characters and all those awesome NPCs. Can't wait to see what is in store next!

jimikat

Character Name: Grixel

Postby Thoth » November 30th, 2012, 12:58 am

Going to break up the string of pictures (keep 'em coming!) with a little text. I wrote these during the session, and thought I'd clean them up a little and post them here.

When Frida was on the block, and she managed to not die / do something awesome, Greg asked the group how she helps the Quorum or what does she do that helps the fight. I didn't hear anyone else chime in, so I wrote this up for her:

Frida stands on an external deck of the Realmship, in the center of an arcane circle - intricate whorls of chalk, salt, and rare soil from worlds and times that are distant, forgotten, or yet to be. Furiously, she works and re-works through her theoretical formulae. She only has one chance, and she needs to be sure it will work. She can't make a mistake this time.

Moments later, she is sure. Frida hurls her dimensional sphere out into the abyss. The magical device's fight is cut short as it blinks out of existence for a moment then reappears in the heart of a massive wave of demons. As the crystal sphere appears, Frida speaks the final syllables of the ritual, and the sphere shatters.

There is a flash of light - a single, blinding strobe, then nothing. The entire wave of demons is stripped from existence forever. Erased from time and space.

When Arora was sacrificing herself:

Somewhere in a safehouse known only to one man in all of creation, a young girl - a princess - is locked away. The princess weeps and pounds on the door of the room that she sees as a prison. She alternates between begging and demanding for her release.

She wants to fight. She wants to fight just like her mom...
Thoth

Postby Thor The Crusher » November 30th, 2012, 1:40 am

I wonder if I am the only one to find irony in the fact that out of all of the members of the Corum, Only The Humans make it back to the ship. The man who died 10,000 times and The Man who shall never know death. One must wonder how they shall govern The Realm Ship in the future, and who they shall choose to protect.

On a side note Corellon's prophesy has come true and a new Golden age has dawned on Faerûn. And in the back of my mind I wonder if the Deonado shall ever return to his homeland. I'd like to think he will, thousands of years in Faerûn's future, and that in the cold winds a young warlord wielding a Mordenkrad blade stands waiting with a blind archer with a broken black arrow shaft tied to his belt, welcoming their friend home.
Thor The Crusher

Postby mansen » November 30th, 2012, 2:10 am

I meant to point with you guys but it seems I just want to caress Eric instead. From a viewer that has been here since the beginning, thanks for the great adventure.
mansen

Character Name: Drmazmd

Postby Jonin » November 30th, 2012, 10:49 am

Awesome finale guys, job well done! Really cool to see Eric come back for the last session and play Deomin one last time
Jonin

Postby Cailin » November 30th, 2012, 1:06 pm

Thoth wrote:Going to break up the string of pictures (keep 'em coming!) with a little text. I wrote these during the session, and thought I'd clean them up a little and post them here.

Wonderful work, Thoth! I'm now imagining the scene of Hugh and Brandis returning to Thunderstrike, with Seldi looking for her mother as she realizes of Arora's absence means. Angst ensues. (bwahaha)

Also, I want to express all my feels about this campaign and its ending, but I think honestly it's going to take me a few days to collect my thoughts. So for now let me just say thank you to everyone, you are all amazing.
Cailin
TK Player

Character Name: Arora

Postby DaranImbraval » December 4th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Not reading this thread is torture on those of us still waiting for episode 135 on iTunes – I just finished 134 this morning – and am just about as taut as one of Hugh's bowstrings with the tension of waiting to see how things end. As 134 ended, I was pacing the floor – just totally caught up in it all– and then Greg says, "...and we'll continue next week." I had to really work to come down off of that.
DaranImbraval

Postby DaranImbraval » December 6th, 2012, 12:46 am

I've said it elsewhere, but I'll say it again: HOW DER YOU KILL KAZ!!
DaranImbraval

Postby DaranImbraval » December 6th, 2012, 3:00 am

Um--wow! Hard to believe it's over. You guys have all been so amazing! Funny thing: I kind of guessed that Wrenn was going to become an antagonist eventually, though hadn't expected it to be actually in *this* campaign!
Love the way Greg had Crouche Io telling the story at the end. That was absolutely awesome!

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next. With there being a gap in encounters, I may very well try to watch you guys live during January.
And, Luke, where did you learn what Grosh's motto actually meant? I always thought you just made that up.
DaranImbraval

Postby lincoln » December 6th, 2012, 9:50 am

DaranImbraval wrote:And, Luke, where did you learn what Grosh's motto actually meant? I always thought you just made that up.

I'll answer for him because he almost never checks the forums. He lived in Bulgaria for a while and is fluent in Bulgarian.
lincoln
TK Player

Postby DaranImbraval » December 6th, 2012, 11:54 am

Oh, wow! That's pretty awesome! I always did think that phrase sounded rather Slavic. But I never knew where it came from.
DaranImbraval

Postby KingHenry » December 8th, 2012, 8:28 am

Thanks so much for sharing your campaign! You guys are by far my favorite podcast, and I look forward to more!
KingHenry

Postby Inferno543 » December 10th, 2012, 9:25 am

All I can say is wow... Thank you guys so much for not only actually completing an epic campaign but doing it in the most entertaining way. I have thoroughly enjoyed the podcasts and hope you all continue in some fashion. Thanks again guys.
Inferno543

Postby jaycub » December 12th, 2012, 12:20 am

'Finished! The last three episodes.

Thank you.
jaycub

Postby Tu'Binh Kimquanan » February 7th, 2013, 11:16 am

I apologize for necroposting but I have to catch up for the next season. I had left after the episode where Pintar died, thinking "I know how this is gonna end" and almost thought about not listening to any more episodes(since I had moved into an apartment and no longer went to a day hab program), but now that I am stuck spending four hours a day at a NEW day hab program(SA Clubhouse) and having to take a public bus there, I came back to this because it's the only thing I can put on my RCA device without needing Real Player Converter. Just got done listening to the last episodes set in The City and the Quorum leaving the Dark World for good. Read the ep. descriptions for the rest of the season and said "Oh ****, I missed THAT much!?!?" :shock: :o

I had half-expected Tymora to be the last god but I was surprised and upset as well. At least it ended with a compromise, and the skill challenge afterward was just as amazing as the one during the Arath arc, where they had to convince the people of Deep Imasakar to stop feuding. Even though the Quorum was now four for good due to Kevin having to move away, it still works.

I know I should be expecting spoilers but, ugh, it's gonna be thinking about your new characters now that the Quorum's retired for good. Lincoln, Sam, Dan, and Cailin did AWESOME and I hope they mix it up for their next campaign(which will probably last another three years, LOL) and THIS time, make sure you record it from the beginning! I was robbed when you didn't record the year and a half, showing Arora's meager beginnings as a fledling paladin, I want to see Cailin's next character and everyone else grow from a rookie. ^_^
Tu'Binh Kimquanan

Postby Tu'Binh Kimquanan » February 15th, 2013, 6:05 pm

*golf clap* Well done, TK. You guys are pretty much the best storytellers.

I didn't really like the events of the last episode(I really liked Wren), but it was inevitable. Even the best gnome cannot' resist such an evil artifact as the Crimson Stone Rod, especially when it fuses with its counterpart and doubles in power. The fact that Wren is doomed to being trapped in the Rod is just painful.

EDIT: Also, what should happen - ten years after Wren's death, Shil Yargo, the former captain of what is now the Realmship, ends up taking up as the new Lord(Lady?) of the Nine Hells because she is so bad@$$ and she's a HALFLING who did a lot of evil in her life(captain of sky pirates, remember). :D
Tu'Binh Kimquanan

Postby Ceraph » February 22nd, 2014, 4:56 am

Well, wow. Sorry this is a little late (and by a little, I mean a lot). I only just finished your last podcast for “Season 1” as you guys came to call it. A friend first showed me your podcasts back in October of 2013 when she recommended I listen to your 3rd episode for a great example of what a backstory would be like. Then, this last August, I chose to start listening. You guys have been with me on all my long drives and work hours (installing Java in a library doesn’t require much concentration :-p )
Greg, Cailin, Erik, Sam, Dan, Lincoln, and Kevin… you guys are all awesome.
Greg, your use of music in battle and for specific scenes inspired me to seek a similar quality in all my games and, to this day, I am still hunting for that perfect song for each situation. Your writing and story are inspiring and amazing. Your story kept me up into the wee hours of the morning more often than I would like to admit.
Cailin, you and Greg roleplaying Aurora and Clethen arguing was and is one of my favorite RP moments of all time. I also had no idea you guys were married until a few days ago when I began listening to your second season so that made that moment retroactively funny once more. I don’t know what writing work was yours and what was Greg’s but it was all so brilliant. I will forever carry with me that moment when the planar observatory was first entered and when Friida kissed Wrenn for perhaps the last time. That time when Keeper comes changed into a man sacrificing everything so he could be with the one he loves… only to die by her hand. The death of Pinter (props Kevin and Lincon) and subsequent confrontation by Brandis (I know you guys didn’t write that but that was one of the best RP moments I ever experienced. Dice rolling on Brandis’ part could use some work though ;-)
Erik, you are an absolutely ASTOUNDING roleplayer. To this day I laugh at the mention of a zoo because of Deomin’s exploits with the magic badger and his search for a hippogryph egg. The fact that you could roleplay your character so well that you would even endanger him like when he tried to save Hasten during his battle with Zahar. Or the way that he chose to stay behind and fight the elemental fiend that kidnapped his family despite being told it was impossible. Deomin was and is an inspiration to me. I hope one day to achieve the ability to act out a character so truly that their essence cannot help but be seen and captured by all who listen.
Sam, first you should know I never play humans when I play DnD. I always thought of them as plain and boring but you know what? You proved me wrong. It isn’t what the character is but their backstory and what made them who they are that makes them interesting and intriguing. Your knowhow for tactics was simply astounding and, let’s be honest, that moment with the dryad in your paragon path story was a stroke of genius. You are a great storyteller sir. In many ways, you aren’t as overt as the others but Hugh was one of those characters that you couldn’t help but like and view as this amazing moral compass. A simple man became more than he ever knew he could be. Thank you for sharing your story, may you always send arrow after arrow (salutes)
Dan… your character’s paragon path story is one I still show to my friends for the sheer hilarity of it all. The ability to take such an outlandish concept as the man who has been everywhere and turn it into Brandis: The Man, the Myth, the Undying Legend. Whenever I think of a battlecry I think of Brandis charging in, always screaming, never stopping. That moment with the Hydra when Brandis comes riding Flyvern to attack the Hydra after having been killed by the same; that was a brilliant moment; dare I say, my favorite “you achieved epic tier” moment. Thanks for Brandising your Brandis.
Lincoln, you crafted a grand story about a gnome who sought knowledge, gained power and everything he could ever dream of only to finally fall to that very lust for power at the end. It should be known, I don’t play evil type characters. It is not something I can roleplay or really get behind. The story of Wrenn, however, was a tragic story in which I couldn’t stop hoping for that moment of clarity for Wrenn; wherein he wins out on the rod; the moment when Wrenn finally succumbed and then was killed by Hugh. It was heart wrenching. I don’t think I have ever felt so sad for the death of a fictional character in all my life. You masterfully kept Wrenn on this tightrope walking the line between good and evil. In some ways, part of me knew it was merely a matter of time but I couldn’t help but continue to hope that Wrenn might end up escaping the machinations of Pazuzu (not sure how his name is spelled so I apologize if I butcher it). It was not to be. Wrenn will always be my favorite Gnome (don’t tell my party member ;-)
Kevin, you are a sneaky one. Yours and Greg’s plan at the end of Paragon tier with Arath offering each player individually exactly what they wanted. Absolutely brilliant. Several of my DM friends are in awe of that move (and even emulated it in their own way in our campaign). When you first arrived I was thinking “who is this guy?” but soon enough I discovered that that you filled in the role of DM just as well as Greg did (but with your own unique and awesome flair). Your character of Pinter was one of those memorable characters (as was Forsythe. Whatever happened to him anyway?). Listening to Pinter’s final farewell when he talked with Wrenn was one of the saddest moments in the entire series. And then you ended it with “beware, beware, the Croaker”. Wow. Just wow. Pinter was with us for such a short while but… he was one of my favorites. I loved your DM ideas and your character concepts made manifest. You and Greg both inspired me to make final confrontations worth remembering and so much more.
So thank you all. Please note when I say you all inspired me I mean it. I was able to convince my group to start live-streaming on Twitch. I would have never even thought about that without all the positive experiences I was able to have with you guys. I don’t know you and you don’t know me but you gave me a veritable mountain of DnD advice and an epic of a tale to listen to. I cannot put to words how thankful I am to have had this experience. Thank you guys so much. You turned a newcomer to DnD and roleplaying to someone who respects and loves both. You all are amongst the greats.
Ceraph

Postby Sam » February 27th, 2014, 12:20 am

Hey just wanted to say thanks for all the nice words, brought back some fond memories.
Sam
TK Player

Character Name: Hugh Weaver

Postby lincoln » February 27th, 2014, 10:58 am

Wow, that was a fun response to read! Thanks for the kind words, Ceraph! It prompted me to go back and listen to a few of the podcasts on my highlight reel!
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Dan » February 27th, 2014, 2:27 pm

Thanks for posting that - it's a nice shout out to some of the best moments of a great campaign.
Dan
TK Player

Postby Kevin? » March 1st, 2014, 6:47 pm

I am proud to be a sneaky one... I can't wait to be back!
Kevin?
TK Player

Return to Everything Else