Question from a new listener

This forum is for everything else, be it talking about the podcast itself, the latest video game, or anything else!

Postby ZombieRoboNinja » October 6th, 2012, 12:52 pm

Hi guys! First off, I want to thank you for an awesome podcast. I'm listening from the beginning (on episode 7 now) and trying not to spoil anything for myself, so I'm a bit leery about reading too much on these boards. But I did have one question I was hoping someone could quickly clear up - any chance of a bit of backstory on what happened in the Return to Elemental Evil campaign before the first episode? Or more specifically, who played Aurum and Melec and what happened to those characters? (I gather that Greg used to play Arath as a PC too?) It sounded like Dan and Lincoln switched characters at some point (Dan in the first recorded podcast when you introduced Brandis) - any particular reason for the switch?

Thanks, and keep up the awesome work - although I have about 500 hours of podcast to catch up on, so I'm not too worried!
ZombieRoboNinja

Postby lincoln » October 7th, 2012, 12:30 am

Well, for a quick response, Dan played Melek and Eric played Aurum. They will have to chime in as to why they decided to switch.

I didn't really switch characters, but I did switch classes. I was an invoker at first but switched to a sorcerer. I didn't like the feeling of controller but really liked being a striker. Greg and the rest of the group were cool with it so I made the switch. however, This switch was purely mechanical... the flavor and story of Wrenn didn't change, just the mechanics of the spells he slings in combat. Hopefully that answers some of your questions. Thanks for listening!
lincoln
TK Player

Character Name: Wrenn

Re: Question from a new listener

Postby ZombieRoboNinja » November 15th, 2012, 10:46 am

Thanks, Lincoln! I actually just got to the episode where Wrenn switched to sorcerer powers, with the concomitant jump in damage. ;)
ZombieRoboNinja

Return to Everything Else