Kickstarter Dealzzz

This forum is for everything else, be it talking about the podcast itself, the latest video game, or anything else!

Postby laservisioncat » August 24th, 2012, 8:58 am

zzzzzzzzzz.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min

As I understand it, this is a pretty good price for a metric crapton of mini's. If I had a credit card this would be on its way to Laabs HQ, but alas, I don't, so I will have to settle for picking through some Amazon wishlists when the time comes.

Also, I didn't want to make a separate thread for this, but Thursday Knights is amazing and everyone in it is amazing. I started listening a while ago and I'm only on episode 35 and it's taken up all of the room on my smartphone. You guys got me to take the leap into joining a campaign, which I've been wanting to do for a while, and you're just flat out really entertaining. Everyone is just so good at roleplaying, and Greg is such a masterful DM, that I feel like I'm listening to an audiobook with numbers and hilarious commentary added in. Seriously, thank you.

(Especially you. You're my favourite.)

/fanboy rant

(Also, yes, the kickstarter thing was a thin pretense for posting a Thanks! post.)
laservisioncat

Re: Kickstarter Dealzzz

Postby Greg » August 24th, 2012, 1:33 pm

First: holy shit that's an amazing deal. Looks like the way it worked was the $100 level got you a decent number to begin with, but as they hit each stretch goal, they added more minis to that same pack for no extra cost. They've EXPLODED in success and have hit every single stretch goal, meaning that $100 gets you a TRUCKLOAD of minis now.

Screw it, I backed. Threw in an extra $10 for the Cthulu minis because they look awesome.

Also, thank you for the kind comments! We love hearing about our show inspiring people to start playing themselves.
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Postby Harsgault » August 24th, 2012, 10:26 pm

And just recently added, the still concept art Storm Giants. Amazing stuff there, I mean look at the female giant. Now pay much closer attention to her mace!
Harsgault

Postby Thor The Crusher » August 25th, 2012, 5:58 am

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/red-box-games-helsvakt-horde

This was another cool minis project I saw on kickstarter, figured you might want to know about it even though it's over.
Thor The Crusher

Return to Everything Else