Greg!!! Current Testing - Need Thoughts!

This forum is for everything else, be it talking about the podcast itself, the latest video game, or anything else!

Postby James » July 15th, 2012, 1:03 pm

It's easier if I just let you see this 7 minute video myself and Joe did for you.
http://www.twitch.tv/waycrossdnd/b/325024770
I left you some questions in the video so it would be super awesome if you could let me know. If you need any further info, ask me and I'll get it to you ASAP.
thanks again buddy

Our Mixer: http://www.amazon.com/Alesis-MultiMix-8 ... timix+8+FX
James

Re: Greg!!! Current Testing - Need Thoughts!

Postby James » July 17th, 2012, 3:57 pm

Keeping this at the top for Greg. Not sure how long Twitch keeps archived videos though so bumping this back up for him.
James

Postby Greg » July 19th, 2012, 2:37 pm

James! I am watching the video right now.

The exact webcam: LifeCam Cinema. However, there is a newer better quality webcam that I would prefer to use, but my poor Core2Quad isn't powerful enough for it. It's the LifeCam Studio. If you have an i3 or higher as your CPU, you should be able to go with that.

However, there are a couple things you'll want to verify that could be affecting your quality. Let me know what you have the following things set to:

XSplit -> View -> Resolution. I use 1280x720 (720p).
XSplit -> Tools -> General Settings -> Channels -> Your TwitchTV Channel -> Edit. I use "10" for quality and 2000 for VBV Max Bitrate. While you're there, make sure your audio settings are 44khz and 96000 bitrate.

Finally you need to make sure the camera itself is set to 720p. Unfortunately I can't find what the exact name of the setting is because my cameras are not plugged in at home, but you right click on the camera in XSplit, click Configure, and then select Video Capture Format. At least that's what it's called if you have a LifeCam. In there you should be able to set the resolution to 720p.

As for running two webcams, I do indeed have two LifeCam Cinemas plugged in to my computer. XSplit can read from as many different cameras as your processor can handle and mix them all you want. However, getting that to work was a pain in the ass! I had to actually buy a PCI USB card to add extra USB controllers to my computer. The issue is something about not being able to run two cameras on the same USB controller, which controls multiple USB ports. I've heard that the high end Logitech webcams do not have this issue but I have no experience with that. I use XSplit to set up a couple different "scenes" for combat and non-combat.

Audio quality: It sounds a lot better this time! However, there is a lot of fuzz in the background like you mentioned. You could try turning down the gain a bit but I'd have to just experiment with it to really figure out how to make it better. Some time I'd be willing to chat with you live while you adjust the knobs and whatnot to see if we can get it sounding even better. :)
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Postby James » July 19th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Love those cameras and may invest in them in the near future. Yea the sound is still off BUT it is easily good enough to begin streaming with and I can work on it as I go. Will do more testing soon and will post any new info I come up with. We are actually stuck on something, we need to come up with a name for our group/stream. Normally it will be Saturday Nights when we play and we almost decided to go with Saturday Knights but it seemed wrong . ..... like we were copying you guys hehe so I dunno yet. Thanks for the reply buddy, I appreciate it bunches.

will keep you posted

edit: as for the PC I use to stream, remember I bought a totally seperate machine that is to be used to stream ONLY. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... _-83108707 this should be plenty of PC to run 2 webcams so I will give this a try and let you know.
James

Return to Everything Else