Bombastic DND Tales

This forum is for everything else, be it talking about the podcast itself, the latest video game, or anything else!

Postby imafrog29 » June 12th, 2012, 1:26 pm

imafrog29

Postby AlchemicFox » June 12th, 2012, 2:32 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339536770.247288.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339536770.247288.jpg (68.76 KiB) Viewed 2911 times
AlchemicFox

Character Name: Baelethenar

Re: Bombastic DND Tales

Postby Kevin? » June 12th, 2012, 5:04 pm

I tend to make pretty silly characters, and in my past campaigns there has been a lot of humor. But once I played in a single session of Greg's d20 Modern campaign, and my silliness clashed in a... horrible, horrible way.

I decided to create a "The Tick"-like character called the Concrete Crusader. He basically thought he was a superhero. He used a crowbar for a weapon. In my head, I'm picturing him leaping rooftops, rescuing damsels in distress, acting a bit goofy while knocking out goons. You know, like a silly Batman.

We are, for whatever reason, trying to break into a mob-controlled building. We are sighted by the guards. The Concrete Crusader heroically charges in! He swings at the nearest guard. Whoa! Natural 20!

Here is Greg's description:

"You cave in the guard's skull."

And that was when I realized Greg wasn't running a silly game. :shock:
Kevin?
TK Player

Re: Bombastic DND Tales

Postby SWMadness » June 12th, 2012, 6:49 pm

I don't visit /tg/ much at all anymore (for a multitude of reasons >.>) but I still have a ton of those screencaps saved. Sir Bearington still makes me laugh out loud every time I read it. :lol:
SWMadness

Postby AlchemicFox » June 13th, 2012, 5:13 am

The moment when I realized Chris #2 had his languages listed as "abizzle, dorven, and soulestal."

Huhotewa, paladin of Bahamut who didn't speak common and could only say "Hail Bahamut."

One of my favorite moments has to be when my Warforged limit knight, Sul'im was captured by Warforged supremacists and nailed to a cross after refusing to become 'forged Vader and kill of the human party members. I was able to make the strength check to free myself and proceeded to wipe out half the camp while unarmed. Just as I passed out from my wounds again the warmage managed to escape and cloudkilled the remaining combatants in one fell swoop.
AlchemicFox

Character Name: Baelethenar

Return to Everything Else