Podcast?

This forum is for everything else, be it talking about the podcast itself, the latest video game, or anything else!

Postby Icephisherman » June 6th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Hey, I know that you folks tend to be horribly busy, but I'm having some issues with the podcast and twitchtv.

See, twitch does record the whole four hours of your show (or however long it may be) but as the next cast is aired the time of the previous cast shrinks down to exactly two hours. I tested it and right before you air, it will load the full four, during and after you air the cast will not load past the second hour. This means that I can't go back and watch all of it and it makes me sad because you guys are six episodes away from the last iTunes post. I tried watching a later live episode and I was completely lost.

Instead of editing, is it possible that one of you could just post a rip of the raw audio, no editing? I really would like to get caught up so I can start watching the stream again and since twitch is crappy, that is currently impossible.

Thanks for reading. :]
Icephisherman

Re: Podcast?

Postby dgibb » June 7th, 2012, 4:06 am

I'm definitely itching for more podcast also - 111 left off in one of the most massive cliffhangers I have ever heard and we're waiting a month to catch up! Argh!

In any case, I do understand that you all have lives and families, so I am not pestering you to get it posted, but rather I am eager with anticipation and look forward to the time when it is available. It's much like waiting for the season premiere of a favorite tv show.
dgibb

Postby lincoln » June 7th, 2012, 9:15 am

I feel your pain guys... I have grow accustomed to listening to the latest podcast at work on Thursday so I can refresh my memory as to what happened the previous week. That being said, Cailin (who handles the processing of the podcasts) has been crazy busy lately with work and family. I will talk to her tonight and see what we can do.

Hang in there, the story is getting pretty good!
lincoln
TK Player

Character Name: Wrenn

Postby swimteampie » June 7th, 2012, 9:57 am

You know what rhymes better with "crazy"? Just sayn'.
swimteampie

Postby Icephisherman » June 7th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Swayze.
Icephisherman

Postby lincoln » June 7th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Icephisherman wrote:Swayze.

Haha, that actually made me lol at my desk just now :lol:
lincoln
TK Player

Postby IMChaos » June 10th, 2012, 1:57 pm

I have been needing a TK fix for awhile. I posted about the Twitch TV problem on 5/20 but inadvertently put it on the Metagame forum. Sorry. I can't wait for the podcasts to get caught up so I can start watching live again. I had to miss an episode because of work and have been screwed since 111. I hate watching the current episode without having heard the previous ones before hand. Hopefully things slow down for Cailin. Waiting anxiously to get back in sync. :)
IMChaos

Postby Wikiman » June 11th, 2012, 11:03 am

I'd be happy for new podcasts too, but honestly, life comes before entertaining random people on the internet.

Do it when you have the time Cailin. I'll be happy that they get released at all.
Wikiman

Postby Greg » June 11th, 2012, 7:37 pm

I made Cailin a deal that I would buy us a professional logo so we can start on our "The Secret Future of TK" plans if she got the podcast caught up with live.

She immediately dropped what she was doing and started processing podcasts.
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Postby Icephisherman » June 12th, 2012, 3:05 am

Thank you for the bribery. I will try to scrounge up money for pizza.

:3
Icephisherman

Postby Cailin » June 12th, 2012, 7:14 pm

I'm working on it, I promise!

Here's a picture of Hugh to tide you over.

Cailin
TK Player

Character Name: Arora

Postby lincoln » June 19th, 2012, 12:23 pm

BAM! New podcast up!
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Sam » June 19th, 2012, 2:00 pm

lol how did I miss that a week ago?
Sam
TK Player

Character Name: Hugh Weaver

Postby dgibb » June 21st, 2012, 5:10 am

Great shot of Hawkeye, who we all know is just a poor man's representation of Sir Hughbert of the Golden Fucking Arrows.

Also, thank you Cailin for two episodes in two days!
dgibb

Postby IMChaos » June 21st, 2012, 4:20 pm

Woot! Two episodes! This was awesome! Thanks :)
IMChaos

Postby IMChaos » June 21st, 2012, 4:24 pm

Does anyone know why Twich TV isn't saving the old episodes the way they used to? In the past you could watch old episodes and there was a part 2 or part 3 button for anything after the initial 2 hours. For some reason after about episode 111 that stopped.
IMChaos

Postby Greg » June 21st, 2012, 7:45 pm

IMChaos wrote:Does anyone know why Twich TV isn't saving the old episodes the way they used to? In the past you could watch old episodes and there was a part 2 or part 3 button for anything after the initial 2 hours. For some reason after about episode 111 that stopped.

It's because I have been failing to go in and tell it to "save forever" before 7 days pass :(
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Postby Mead » June 22nd, 2012, 9:53 am

Thanks for posting these latest few podcasts! I've already listened to both in the course of doing laundry and cleaning my flat, and I'm stoked to hear more. :) Thanks, Cailin!
Mead

Postby Icephisherman » June 23rd, 2012, 4:37 am

On the positive side, my request was heard and things got done!

On the negative side, I listened to two podcasts in a row and slacked off on my writing job. :(

I've actually tried finding something along the lines of a good tabletop gaming podcast, but sadly I haven't found anyone that has been able to reach both the enthusiasm and the production values of your group. The closest I've gotten is role playing public radio, but they're fairly hit and miss, while yours always makes my day.

Again, when you're all caught up (I think that's 118?) I'm going to donate for a pizza. I can afford it, but only a twenty, so if anyone else wants to pitch in ten for next week's game (two pizzas plus delivery plus tip) I would be appreciative.
Icephisherman

Postby AlchemicFox » June 23rd, 2012, 5:15 am

As far as other podcasts, Major Spoilers' Critical Hit is quite good as long as you can deal with the constant joking. The production is great, but that's because they use $600 headsets and beg for money on each episode. They answer a lot of viewer questions, but after 100 episodes that gets pretty tedious, they start answering the same questions every 20 episodes or so. Hilarious though.

RPG MP3 has nearly 1000 episodes between their two podcasts, one for the core group and one for the community, where about 5 games are going on at any time and episodes are uploaded randomly and in batches. As far as quality, much of it is recorded with an old fashioned tape recorder in the middle of the table, there are entire episodes they just forget to record, it picks up every noise no matter how small, and is pretty much them talking about food and listing stats. "I rolled a 22" "You hit" "I deal 5 damage." Repeat. Next to zero actual roleplaying in the 90 or so episodes I listened to.

I just started listening to Icosahedrophilia, and although I'm not really that far into it, it seems pretty good, if not for the extremely low volume of the episodes so far. Even with my iPod AND car stereo at full volume some things are just impossible to make out. They do a recap at the end of episodes to let you know what kid of maps and props they used in the episode, which is neat.
AlchemicFox

Character Name: Baelethenar

Postby IMChaos » June 23rd, 2012, 4:29 pm

It's because I have been failing to go in and tell it to "save forever" before 7 days pass

Thanks for responding Greg. I didn't know if there was something incompatible with my OS or if I was making a dumb mistake. Also thanks for so many updates so fast Cailing. You guys are great.
IMChaos

Postby IMChaos » June 23rd, 2012, 4:36 pm

Alchemic Fox was talking about Major Spoilers Critical Hit and Icosohedrophelia. I have listened to both of those from the beginning and really enjoy both. As Alchemic Fox said, the production value isn't quite as good on Icosohedrophelia and there are long gaps between episodes but the story is interesting. Critical Hit does have a lot of joking around, but that reminds me a lot of the group that I play in. The style is a little different but again the story is very enjoyable.
The PVP/Penny Arcade podcasts on Wizards were good but they haven't had a new one for quite some time. They were very funny though. They are the podcasts that got me started listening to actual play podcasts.
IMChaos

Postby zoink » June 24th, 2012, 10:02 am

Just want to give a big thank you to Cailin for posting the new podcasts! Here's a big internet hug for you >:D< >:D< >:D<

Regarding Major Spoilers Critical Hit, once you have tasted Thursday Knights, you will never go back to listening to it. The GM of that game does a fine job, but a majority of the players doesn't do a really good job in roleplaying. There are moments of long awkward silences where the GM waits for the players to RP something (to no avail usually). I listened to about 100+ episodes of it though before i discoverd Thursday Knights. However, I must give props to 2 of their players. Stephen, the player who is the newbie of the group, is a great RP'er. Mathew, plays a hilarious orc, and has awesome flavor when describing his combat moves.

Isocahedrophilia's story has promise... but the RP of the group is a bit lacking... It's such a shame though.
zoink

Postby dgibb » June 25th, 2012, 9:40 am

I've listened to many Actual Play podcasts, from RPPR (Role Playing Public Radio), Flagons & Dragons' Gamma World game, Critical Hit, Return to Northmoor, Icosahedrophilia, and more. Thursday Knights is the only one that focuses so heavily on story, characters, and the world in which they exist.

The other podcasts had their positive and negative traits. Some were focused too much on crunch. It isn't exciting to hear "I use Footwork Lure against the goblin. I roll a 18. Okay, I do (rolls) 9 damage and shift one square, sliding him into my space." It is much more exciting to hear Dan describe Brandis using Footwork Lure to do something awesome (even though it isn't used very much...). I cannot stand people eating while on mic. I have an acute hatred for those groups who don't separate dinner time and game time. The first sign of chomping and chewing, and I'm done with them. Other groups have inventive and innovative DMs, but there is something about the storyline of TK that has pulled me in tightly. Greg does an amazing job playing off of the curve balls that the rest of the group throws him on every single roleplaying interaction in every episode.

Icosahedrophilia was very good. Chris Heard put in a lot of work and runs a very immersive world. His game was great for me to learn how to think outside the box and also design my combats, also providing reviews of different tools used at his table.
Critical Hit is a great primer for people who want to learn 4e from the beginning, but they do get off-track pretty easily, and the ongoing pleas for donations turned me off. I donated, why do I have to listen to their commercials again?
Return to Northmoor put together an amazing story that wove a tapestry of characters to this forbidding town of Northmoor. Unfortunately, it only ran for one "season."
RPPR was good, one of the first paragon-level podcasts I heard. They devolved into a lot of vulgar jokes and eating on-mic, which I couldn't handle.

Thursday Knights is the only epic-tier AP that I know of, and we've become part of their story, having invested around two weeks of our lives (assuming 3 hour shows for 114 episodes, listening to them for 24 hours a day, seven days a week), and we have listened to them grow from level 10 to level 27. Their story will be over soon; where does TK go from here? I am eager to find out, but I know that we will all miss Arora, Brandis, Hugh, Wrenn, and Pinter just like we miss Deomin when the new characters are introduced.
dgibb

Postby KingHenry » June 29th, 2012, 6:38 am

I've been a podcast listener for a long time now, getting audio only. I recently, during the podcast drought, looked at some video from twitch TV. I was amazed that you guys all look so different from what I imagined based on your voices. I should apologize, especially to lincoln, for imagining that you looked so stupid, when in fact you look quite reasonable.

LOVE the adventures! Please keep up the good work! Get the podcast updated and I will give you guys all half-price tattoos! I've never given a tattoo before, and I don't have any equipment, but the offer still stands.
KingHenry

Postby AlchemicFox » June 29th, 2012, 8:06 am

Ok, that crack at Lincoln just made me laugh like an idiot at work.

I was honestly surprised to find out that everyone pretty much looked like what I thought they would. Although, in my head Sam and Lincoln were switched and Eric had long beautiful hair.
AlchemicFox

Postby lincoln » June 29th, 2012, 9:16 am

KingHenry wrote:I should apologize, especially to lincoln, for imagining that you looked so stupid, when in fact you look quite reasonable.

Ahh, with a jab like that, you must be friends with Greg...
fry.png
fry.png (244.96 KiB) Viewed 16335 times

It was pretty funny though.
lincoln
TK Player

Postby zoink » June 29th, 2012, 10:49 am

In my head, sam and dan we're switched! I also imagined Eric with long beautiful hair! O_o
zoink

Postby Greg » June 29th, 2012, 10:53 am

I like this KingHenry guy
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Postby lincoln » June 29th, 2012, 11:03 am

Greg wrote:I like this KingHenry guy

Anyone willing to give out free prison tats is a-ok in my book.
lincoln
TK Player

Postby KingHenry » June 29th, 2012, 4:13 pm

I said half price, not free.
KingHenry

Postby Icephisherman » July 10th, 2012, 10:15 pm

Podcast. :(
Icephisherman

Postby KingHenry » July 13th, 2012, 4:48 am

I heard a rumor that episode 115 may be released later today in podcast form. Thank you in advance! There's nothing better than free entertainment, especially when it is of such high quality!
KingHenry

Postby Mead » July 15th, 2012, 5:22 am

I second KingHenry's sentiment (wot wot, cheerio, pip and such)! This 8-hour time difference is killing me trying to catch youse guys on Thursday nights! You don't start playing until about 3 a.m. my time. I've been reading "The Wheel of Time" in the interim and, while good, it's just not the same thing...
Mead

Postby Mead » July 21st, 2012, 3:06 pm

Hooray for the brief but enjoyable return of Eric! :D
Mead

Postby zoink » July 23rd, 2012, 7:38 pm

Eric's girl voice is absolutely hilarious!
zoink

Postby AlchemicFox » July 24th, 2012, 4:42 am

I haven't been able to catch the live stream, if I work first shift I sleep through it, if I work second shift I work through it, and twitch hates me. Couldn't help but notice one of the new podcasts is only half an hour, and I remember some mention of a blackout, and I was wondering...

Did Shar actually conspire against you and cause a power outage?
AlchemicFox

Postby Cailin » July 24th, 2012, 10:42 am

Al, you are correct! Episode 115 was cut short due to forces of evil nature, but continues in Episode 116.
Cailin
TK Player

Postby KingHenry » October 5th, 2012, 5:10 am

While waiting for the next podcast I started listening from the start. Gosh I miss those days, where the youth and naivete of the players were on display.

Anyway, here is a list of demands I am making:

1. Episode 128, and step on it

2. More CROAKER

3. Greg needs to get back to saying "umm"... it really heightens the tension

4. Get some "star power". I'm thinking you should swap maybe Lincoln for someone like Ted Danson.
KingHenry

Postby lincoln » October 5th, 2012, 12:18 pm

KingHenry wrote:4. Get some "star power". I'm thinking you should swap maybe Lincoln for someone like Ted Danson.

I'm not sure how I feel about this...
lincoln
TK Player

Postby IMChaos » October 5th, 2012, 3:07 pm

Lincoln everyone has naysayers and critics. I love listening to all of you guys. I love the story that is told, the way it's presented, and the way all of you roleplay it, but I mainly tune in because of the way you roleplay. I especially enjoy the way you roleplay Wrenn. Always have. It will be a bittersweet day when the story is over and you all switch to a new game. Still yet, in your one-offs, I have enjoyed your style. Your hybrid assassin/rogue inspired me to mess with hybrids. Until then I didn't like any hybrids I created and never played them. Keep it up man. You are truly just as awesome as any of the other Thursday Knights players. :)
IMChaos

Postby KingHenry » October 6th, 2012, 9:52 am

Totally, no offense meant, but we are talking Ted Freakin' Danson here!
KingHenry

Postby lincoln » October 7th, 2012, 12:23 am

If Ted Danson wanted to come play with TK but on the sole condition that he permanently took my place... that would be an awkward situation indeed...
lincoln
TK Player

Postby KingHenry » October 9th, 2012, 5:22 am

Awww, I wasn't serious. Lincoln, I wouldn't trade you for Obama himself.
KingHenry

Postby lincoln » October 9th, 2012, 1:16 pm

KingHenry wrote:Awww, I wasn't serious. Lincoln, I wouldn't trade you for Obama himself.

Hahaha, I never thought you were serious. All is good my friend!
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Inferno543 » October 16th, 2012, 11:03 am

Hey there TKers, any chance some new podcasts are going to be up soon? It's been a long month and I am dying to know what is happening! Keep it up and thanks for all the hours of enjoyment!
Inferno543

Postby Cailin » October 16th, 2012, 12:50 pm

Podcasts are on the way, I expect to be done by this weekend, so stay tuned!
Cailin
TK Player

Postby Inferno543 » November 1st, 2012, 2:06 pm

Hi guys,
Still anxiously awaiting any new episodes for download. You guys have started a whole new game, and I can't wait to see how it's going. Keep it up! :mrgreen:
Inferno543

Postby KingHenry » November 3rd, 2012, 7:25 am

Cailin, if you get episode 128 up I will personally write a song dedicated solely to you.
KingHenry

Postby Cailin » November 12th, 2012, 7:40 am

KingHenry wrote:Cailin, if you get episode 128 up I will personally write a song dedicated solely to you.

Better warm up that lute, sir. Ep 128 is on the way. :)
Cailin
TK Player

Next

Return to Everything Else