Reader's Requests

This forum is for everything else, be it talking about the podcast itself, the latest video game, or anything else!

Re: Reader's Requests

Postby lincoln » October 24th, 2011, 8:28 am

Kessoku wrote:Will Thunderstrike ever open it's own orphanage to give Wrenn his very own Orphan Swarm?

That would be amazing. I toyed with the idea of having an Academy (flavor of course) but an orphan swarm would be awesome too.
Kessoku wrote:Has the story of That Time Hugh Rolled Badly And Broke His Back On That Mountain With Klethen ever been mentioned in front of Arora?

OMG, I totally forgot about that. This is definitely coming up during the next session :lol:
lincoln
TK Player

Character Name: Wrenn

Postby Eric Holland » October 24th, 2011, 10:37 am

RIP Heath Ledger. And TK dignity.
Eric Holland
TK Player

Character Name: Deomin

Postby Cailin » October 24th, 2011, 11:04 am

Cailin
TK Player

Character Name: Arora

Postby Greg » October 24th, 2011, 12:44 pm

You're obsessed with Tumblr admit it
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Postby Cailin » October 24th, 2011, 10:16 pm

Have you guys checked out the AskArora Tumblr?

Because if you haven't you're missing out on gems like this:
Cailin
TK Player

Postby Kessoku » October 25th, 2011, 3:47 am

Cailin wrote:Have you guys checked out the AskArora Tumblr?

Because if you haven't you're missing out on gems like this:

Wrenn needs to tell the party to pull their own weight. :lol:
Kessoku

Postby lincoln » October 25th, 2011, 6:40 am

Now I am obsessed with Arora's tumblr page :lol:
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Charmth » October 25th, 2011, 4:43 pm

swimteampie wrote:"You will unite the Shining Lands under one glorious banner as its grand sovereign." -- Episode 61 - 19:30

*snerk* Ok I have to admit for a split second I didn't mentally connect the quote to the post and then my brain went even further with a the dumbness and for a split second I thought "I don't remember that book of the bible..." and then I realized what it was and died of both embarrassment and laughter. It totally DOES look like it could be something right out of a religious text though. The Holy Scriptures of Thursday Knights!
Charmth

Character Name: @TheSheDM

Postby Greg » October 25th, 2011, 4:45 pm

And lo, Greg said: Welcome to Thursday night! And it was night
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Postby lincoln » October 25th, 2011, 5:01 pm

And on the first day was created Master Blaster, and it was good.
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Tu'Binh Kimquanan » October 26th, 2011, 4:33 am

The following is the words of my avatar and do not reflect my own opinions. Thank you.

When Arora faced her grandfather, she elected to kill him. Does she ever worry that she sank to his level, or is she fine with having executed him?

She said it herself, she was acting as a judiciar(sp???) of Bahamut, and he would want to see someone who was oppressing the people overthrown at the least. The fact that he exiled her mom and his flesh and blood to virtual death in the desert only justifies his demise.

Deomin was really down when Kelar died and spent a big chunk of time brooding. Nowadays it seems he doesn't get much time with her, so will we see more shenanigans with her?

What? You want more flying action? Seriously, this is the Ash's Pidgeot situation. (If you don't get the Pokemon reference, a lot of fans in the forums complained that Ash abandoned his Pidgeot when it asked to stay behind to be the leader of the Pidgeottos who just evolved to fight the Fearow.) I'm sure the hippogryph gets a lot of visits from its master at the least. :roll:

Has Wife of Brandis begun demanding children whenever Seldi is mentioned, or does she dote on her like a very brawny grandmother?

Will Thunderstrike ever open it's own orphanage to give Wrenn his very own Orphan Swarm?

You WANT little kids who lost their parents to go join them in death? Sheeeeesh! :(

Has the story of That Time Hugh Rolled Badly And Broke His Back On That Mountain With Klethen ever been mentioned in front of Arora

Hugh heals VERY quickly, and it was just a skill challenge anyways so I quickly forgot about it. :p
Tu'Binh Kimquanan

Postby Tu'Binh Kimquanan » October 26th, 2011, 4:36 am

For some reason I cannot edit my post, but I wanted to comment on Brandis's current wife... who wants to get pregnant? Speaking of which my sister is now confirmed pregnant(mom told me last Saturday, I'm gonna be an uncle!) and I can only THINK about how much more of a ***** Mrs. Brandis would get once she got impregnated and starting showing the effects. :| :geek:
Tu'Binh Kimquanan

Postby Kessoku » October 26th, 2011, 9:22 am

Tu'Binh Kimquanan wrote:I can only THINK about how much more of a ***** Mrs. Brandis would get once she got impregnated and starting showing the effects. :| :geek:

Who needs Wrenn's intimidate checks when you have pregnant Wife of Brandis and her mood swings.
Kessoku

Postby lincoln » October 26th, 2011, 9:28 am

Tu'Binh Kimquanan wrote:I'm gonna be an uncle!

Grats on that! Honestly it is the best thing to be (that, and grandparents)... spoil the kids rotten then give them back to the parents when they have dirty diapers or are throwing fits!
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Sam » October 26th, 2011, 10:23 am

Has the story of That Time Hugh Rolled Badly And Broke His Back On That Mountain With Klethen ever been mentioned in front of Arora?

I was going for a Greek legend flavor for that skill challenge. ;) I don't know why people think it would be gay for two men to wrestle for a week on the top of a secluded mountain. ;) All I can say is that Hugh and Klethen certainly bonded over the experience. ;) Fun fact, my eyes blink independently of each other, so it looks like I'm winking all the time. ;)
Sam
TK Player

Character Name: Hugh Weaver

Postby Cailin » October 26th, 2011, 10:26 am

Sam wrote:I was going for a Greek legend flavor for that skill challenge. ;)

Oh were you now.
Cailin
TK Player

Postby lincoln » October 26th, 2011, 10:44 am

Sam wrote:Fun fact, my eyes blink independently of each other, so it looks like I'm winking all the time. ;)

It's true... the first time I noticed it it kind of freaked me out (not the wink look, but the fact that they blink independently)
lincoln
TK Player

Postby DoomIslands2ndCousin » November 8th, 2011, 9:53 am

I hope I'm in the right thread for this:
Right now, I'm starting for the third time listening to the whole series and I wanted to ask if Hugh ever "flaunted" that he was the very first that was suspicious of Arath's intentions. As soon as he saw the peaceful Warforged and the knowledge crystals, he mentioned this hypothesis. I don't think he is the kind of guy to "rub other's noses in it", but maybe I'm wrong here.
DoomIslands2ndCousin

Postby Sam » November 8th, 2011, 12:49 pm

I wanted to ask if Hugh ever "flaunted" that he was the very first that was suspicious of Arath's intentions

Hugh's not really into boasting or bragging. The crowing moot in the Uchehi-Kai was for sure the most difficult challenge there for him. Plus what would be gained in flaunting the fact that he was suspicious of Arath at a point where acting on those suspicions could have prevented all of the death and destruction that came after. Had Hugh been a more convincing man, perhaps he could have at least swayed his companions into waiting a moment and speaking with the supposedly "evil cultists" who were approaching just before we used the device Arath had given us.
Sam
TK Player

Postby lincoln » November 10th, 2011, 11:56 am

Sam wrote:Hugh's not really into boasting or bragging. The crowing moot in the Uchehi-Kai was for sure the most difficult challenge there for him. Plus what would be gained in flaunting the fact that he was suspicious of Arath at a point where acting on those suspicions could have prevented all of the death and destruction that came after. Had Hugh been a more convincing man, perhaps he could have at least swayed his companions into waiting a moment and speaking with the supposedly "evil cultists" who were approaching just before we used the device Arath had given us.

That is such a Hugh answer
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Kessoku » November 10th, 2011, 2:24 pm

So how many of you guys thought you might have to knock Deomin out to get him to leave the Pandemonium Stone without his clan?

Pretty lucky that Grampy D was such a smooth talker.
Kessoku

Postby Greg » November 10th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Kessoku wrote:So how many of you guys thought you might have to knock Deomin out to get him to leave the Pandemonium Stone without his clan?

Pretty lucky that Grampy D was such a smooth talker.

It was really fun getting to play someone that Deomin would respect as an authority figure. It so very much against Deomin's character to give in to anyone's will, so it was a really cool change of pace to get to have a character tell Deomin to calm down and think rationally, and have Deomin actually respond to that with compliance.
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Postby lincoln » November 10th, 2011, 2:31 pm

I couldn't believe D was actually leaving! If Hasten hadn't piped up and pumped Deomin up for killing, leaving the Pandemonium Stone would have been one of the most impressive things I had seen him do (flavor-wise anyway ;) ) Don't get me wrong, it was awesome killing Bazim, but I was pretty nervous going into it. I only stayed because Deomin believed we could do it. If Wrenn were on his own, he would have made like a fetus and headed out.
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Eric Holland » November 10th, 2011, 2:38 pm

That was definitely one of my favorite Deomin interactions of all time. I think in a D&D setting its really hard to communicate a change of mind without coming out and narrating what is going on. I thought everyone played their part really well and it came off pretty theatrical. Im glad Greg finally got his day in the sun too to boss Deomin a bit!
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » November 10th, 2011, 5:21 pm

So question for Eric, do you think that wind gem Bazim had will make Deomin stronger in combat? Will he use it or destroy it tonight?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Eric Holland » November 11th, 2011, 7:38 pm

I got to the question too late Thor, but it looks like that stone will be a loose end for now. Will Deomin ever wield it? Who even knows what its for?
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » November 13th, 2011, 7:17 pm

So what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving? I heard Lincoln is going hunting and Greg is going hang gliding. What is Sam and Eric doing for Thanksgiving? I don't have much planned besides my birthday being four days after it.
Thor The Crusher

Postby lincoln » November 14th, 2011, 9:07 am

I won't be hunting on Thanksgiving. I leave this Thursday and will be back Monday. For the actual day I will be heading to the in-laws to do my annual BBQ'd turkey, then heading to the coast to do another big meal with my side of the family on Saturday.

Thanksgiving really is my favorite holiday... great food, great company, no bitchy holiday shoppers, no pressure to buy all your friends and family the perfect gift.

Also, happy early birthday Thor! Looks like you share it with my brother!
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Sam » November 14th, 2011, 11:53 am

So what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?

Nothing too exciting. Will be having dinner with family, and then heading into work around 11:00pm for Black Friday. Never worked overnight before, should be interesting.
Sam
TK Player

Postby Eric Holland » November 14th, 2011, 10:04 pm

This weekend is Thanksgiving 1 with buddies who live up in the Sac area defined by deep fried turkey, football, and beer flowing like wine. Weekend after is Thanksgiving 2 with family in San Jose including Wii Smash Brothers, pungent cheese, and gamer in-laws. Both a crapload of fun. Both totally different experiences.

[Edit] deep FRIED turkey. Not deep friend turkey...
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby Cailin » November 15th, 2011, 10:57 am

I'm going to be on a plane for most of the morning then on a bus for most of the afternoon and then... TURKEY!
Cailin
TK Player

Postby lincoln » November 15th, 2011, 11:01 am

Cailin wrote:I'm going to be on a plane for most of the morning then on a bus for most of the afternoon and then... TURKEY!

In honor of the holiday you should bust out a moist maker sandwich on the bus and make everyone else jealous! Though, traditionally you eat them the day after, but who cares - THEY ARE DELICIOUS!
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » December 1st, 2011, 5:08 pm

Has anyone called off tonight? Just cheching to make sure Dan didn't have to stay at work or something.
Thor The Crusher

Postby Greg » December 1st, 2011, 5:10 pm

Thor The Crusher wrote:Has anyone called off tonight? Just cheching to make sure Dan didn't have to stay at work or something.

Nope we're all in!
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Postby Thor The Crusher » December 1st, 2011, 5:56 pm

I can only imagine what insidious plans Greg has in store for his brother today.
Thor The Crusher

Postby Thor The Crusher » December 1st, 2011, 5:58 pm

Oh and Greg what's the news on getting that magicka robe for yourself?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Thor The Crusher » December 16th, 2011, 8:44 pm

In regards to scheduling are you guys able to play on monday or wednesday since Dan can't play thursday?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Dan » December 16th, 2011, 9:35 pm

I don't know what the plan is, but sadly I will be out of town from Monday until Friday evening.
Dan
TK Player

Character Name: Brandis

Postby Thor The Crusher » December 17th, 2011, 5:51 am

oh, nvm then :(
Thor The Crusher

Postby Kessoku » December 19th, 2011, 6:14 pm

So are you guys going to do a Christmas themed episode?

Because I have this mental image of Seldi asking Santa!Brandis for a minion. And more possessed rocks.
Kessoku

Postby Thor The Crusher » December 21st, 2011, 5:32 pm

@Eric So since Colban is a king, does he have a harem? 8-)
Thor The Crusher

Postby lincoln » December 21st, 2011, 5:59 pm

A Christmas episode would be pretty awesome, but I honestly have no idea what Greg has planned. And a Colban harem would be amazing... Talk about chics with rock hard bodies lol
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » December 27th, 2011, 10:09 pm

Cailin are you going to update your tumblr soon?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Cailin » December 28th, 2011, 12:24 am

Yes, now that the holiday season is done beating me into a pulp you will see more Arora tumblr updates.
Cailin
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » January 12th, 2012, 3:46 pm

@Cailin You guys playing today? Wasn't sure if Greg would be stressed out from work again. :|
Thor The Crusher

Postby lincoln » January 12th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Oh it's on like Donkey Kong my friend
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » January 12th, 2012, 7:03 pm

good to hear :D
Thor The Crusher

Postby Kessoku » January 14th, 2012, 9:20 am

Quick question, is there any way to label which episode is which on JustinTV?

Sometimes when the processed episodes fall behind by a week or two, I try to watch the recorded stream footage. The only problem is that the names are a bit obscure, and I end up listening to half an hour of (admittedly witty) banter before spoiling myself because it turned out the session I'm watching is three or four ahead of where I am. I'm slightly worried to tune into the live stream for fear of finding myself in the midst of a massive spoilerific reveal.

Thanks!
Kessoku

Postby Thor The Crusher » January 25th, 2012, 12:52 am

So whatever happened to the Digester? Did Brandis pit it over his mantle or has he turned it into a 1 handed sword for Deomin? Also the cast of characters page is in dire need of an update, and you guys keep putting it off. Not to say you've been slacking with how fast Cailin has been uploading podcasts.
Thor The Crusher

Postby Kessoku » May 16th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Just wanna say Greg I have never hated you more than when you said "We will continue next week!" at the end of episode 111.

You are just the worst and it makes me want to buy you guys things.

The worst.
Kessoku

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else