Reader's Requests

This forum is for everything else, be it talking about the podcast itself, the latest video game, or anything else!

Postby Eric Holland » January 3rd, 2011, 4:50 pm

I thought about starting this thread for people to comment on the In Game threads. I know at least a few people out there are reading the individual character forums, but I have no idea who these people are or what they think about the writing! Im always trawling for new topics to write on and new questions to answer about the characters I have played(Aurum, Deomin, and now Colban). Ive got a thick skin so feel free to drop critiques as well as props. Ask questions about holes in the story and maybe we can cover some of this stuff. Thanks again to all the dedicated fans out there!

-Eric
Eric Holland
TK Player

Character Name: Deomin

Re: Reader's Requests

Postby Cailin » January 4th, 2011, 12:33 am

Ditto!
Cailin
TK Player

Character Name: Arora

Postby lincoln » January 4th, 2011, 11:55 am

The only hole i see thus far is the one in Deomin's head (and Wrenn's heart)!

YOWZAH!

just kidding, awesome idea for a thread though! Feel free to ask anything about Wrenn or comment on his wramblings... he isn't shy...
lincoln
TK Player

Character Name: Wrenn

Postby lincoln » January 4th, 2011, 11:59 am

I do have a question though...

Deomin can be very meditative and pensive when dealing with the elemental powers that grow within him. Why is he is so cocky (and at times douchy) to the people in the temples he visits to meditate and gain clarity? I mean, he is going to THEIR temple to meditate WITH THEM... shouldn't that demand more respect and less "blowing out of their candles" lol...

Just something I think about from time to time when I read up on "the deeds."
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Eric Holland » January 4th, 2011, 5:57 pm

Great question Lincoln. Sometimes good people do bad things. Sometimes people who dont really care do good things. Deomin started out the latter and is working his way toward the former. If you check out Epilogue:The Last Bounty in Backstory Alley it talks about how lost Deomin was as a person before finding the group. He was callous and uncaring toward everyone.

Adventures with the group helped him to care about a few people in the world, but he continued to think of everyone outside his adventuring party as pretty worthless. Deomins tranformation began to reverse this as the elemental wind imbued him once again with a curiousity and zest for life. Half of Deomin was the careless and mean bounty hunter from his previous life, the other half was a free-spirited elemental that wanted to play and enjoy the good things in life.

The groups current mission to defeat Arath was the key to leaving this half and half state behind. Araths wanton abuse of people on a massive scale gave him the chance to see his own disregard of others in an extreeme form. He began to reflect more on some of the past injustices he has committed and about the time the group left Orveyltar(the first time) resolved to try and walk a different road. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20&p=283#p283
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » April 28th, 2011, 12:58 am

How are you guys going to use the Airship in the upcoming battle with Arath?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Eric Holland » April 28th, 2011, 2:23 am

That's a good question. Tassadar from Starcraft: Broodwar comes to mind.
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » April 28th, 2011, 6:02 am

Would Deomin be able to get in contact and or recruit elementals from the plane of air? Could Colban get allies in the plane of Earth? To clarify I'm thinking of what Colban summoned in the gold dragon cave a few weeks ago, but maybe less powerful?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Thor The Crusher » April 28th, 2011, 6:11 am

heh I'm not sure if I've asked this before in chat but this question is for Greg, do you think you might start playing a character with the group again? I remember it was stated somewhere that you where only playing Arath before because the group was small back then but I'm interested in seeing how you play and RP with one as there is no video recording of you playing Arath. It also seems to me that you would have more fun if you did? If I'm wrong please correct me.
Thor The Crusher

Postby Thor The Crusher » April 28th, 2011, 3:13 pm

Also Eric I wanted to know if you and the party had looked into getting powerful potions and or spells of fire resistance? Considering Arath is a fire mage and what happened last time you faced off against against his "army" in the...was it snow peak mountains? Well it was where you met Heptos. Anyway I'm wondering if you've looked into it, preferably spells or potions that last a day as the party has no idea how long the battle will last. You also might wanna look into putting fire resistance on the ship (I assume it's mostly make out of wood and metal) and it's sails because it would not be fun at all in mid fight to have to go around and put out fires on the ship. Also sinse Arath can in a way mind control people it might not be a bad idea to put up magical and or physical traps or wards around the core of the ship to prevent sabotage from a dominated crew member.
Thor The Crusher

Postby Eric Holland » April 28th, 2011, 4:39 pm

Right on Thor. Finding ways to defend against Araths magic has been a pretty big part of the campaign. His depth of power is so large that we have mostly looked past mundane magical defense to protect us.

Getting an anti magic device from Deep Imaskar was one thing that we did to help defend against his turbo charged Throne of Ommanond magic. In addition to that Deomin has been interested in trying to break the mental hold Arath has over his servants for some time. Little progress has been made on that venture specifically, but im still trying to make headway!

On the fire thing I think you are definitely right. Araths guys get alot of their power from the flame and I hope that we can take advantage of at least a little bit of fire resist. Thanks for the thoughts man. Ill definitely keep them in mind tonight.
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » April 29th, 2011, 12:52 pm

What does Deomin feel when wielding Uchehi?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Eric Holland » May 2nd, 2011, 10:02 am

Deomin definitely spent some time training with the legendary blade in preparation for the battle at planar alignment. That said, this will be the first week he takes it into combat. Ill save the rest for this weeks broadcast!
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » May 5th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Just thought of another question. Is the Cast of characters page on the website going to be updated soon with new information/ pictures?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Cailin » May 6th, 2011, 11:27 am

Oh Thor I can always count on you to remind me of my shortcomings keep me on my toes. ;) I am planning on using our cartoon variations as profile pics so rest assured I will procrastinate until the last possible moment get on it!
Cailin
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » May 12th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Deomins powers keep growing, and he gets stronger every day, will he be able to start summoning huge storms during combat? Like raining lighting strikes/ hail/ snow down on all the enemies on the field? What about epically huge tornadoes? In the shadow fight, the Shadow was covered in well... shadows right? Will the same happen to Deomin in combat and or outside of combat where he'll be covered in pure wind? Also did you get the idea for the Shadow from The Gamers movie?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Eric Holland » May 13th, 2011, 12:30 pm

Deomin's level of power is something enormous. What we have observed over the paragon tier has more to do with developing control over his power than increasing the amount. In Deomin's paragon story he accidentally loses all control over his element and razes an entire village with mighty windstorms. This crushing event drove Deomin into isolation causing him to flee onto the Great Glacier in what he though would be a journey to his death. Instead of dying, he found people who helped him to develop a measure of control over his power. With time Deomin finds ways of accessing his reserves in increasingly creative and helpful ways though he remains cautious of going too far. Deomin constantly flirts with the line between great elemental feats and total disaster.

The Shadow wasnt directly inspired by any one character. If I were to name an influential relationship for the Shadow and the Visage I would have to cite the distant(geographically) and scheeming relationship between Darth Vader and the Emperor that he served. The Shadow himself I pictured as a calculating zealot. He is someone who has mastered elemental control to a level Deomin only dreams about and wields the elements with precision and power very contrary to the their unpredictable nature. The Shadow was very in touch with the beauty and power of Chaos. He held it in his hand and heart wishing with every moment to flood the world and turn he Material Plane into an extension of the Elemental Chaos.
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » May 13th, 2011, 7:58 pm

Is Greg going to update the Experience Log or Uchehi info soon? Not that it's really important or anything I'm just wondering. Also you guys have talked about the deck of many things a few times and I was wondering if you could tell me about all the cards you guys pulled from the deck, and who owned the deck in the fist place? On an unrelated note are you guys excited for the Witcher 2?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Dan » May 15th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Witcher 2 looks fantastic.
Dan
TK Player

Character Name: Brandis

Postby Thor The Crusher » May 15th, 2011, 4:24 pm

I know right, the game looks freaking amazing. Wish I had the money to buy it right now but I spent it all buying Dragon age 2 =(
Thor The Crusher

Postby Dan » May 17th, 2011, 5:24 pm

And for me, if time was money, I am flat broke. I know Witcher 2 would suck me in bad - and with work so busy, it's amongst a massive pile of games that I categorize as "after the project."
Dan
TK Player

Character Name: Brandis

Postby Thor The Crusher » June 28th, 2011, 9:38 pm

So what do you guys think of that new Duke Nukem Game? Also what's your favorite pizza place? And lastly, will Aurum and Melek make a cameo appearance in the campaign sometime in the future?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Eric Holland » June 28th, 2011, 11:07 pm

1) Cant say about Duke though I loved the past ones and Greg has only brought back sweet promo gear.

2) Poor mans pizza = Papa John's (butter garlic hell yeah)
Pay the price = Little Italy in San Francisco serves up some amazing thin crust Margherita

3) "Finding someone who could be anywhere in Faerun with only a last name and a direction to go off of is a trivial matter for Thunderstrike" - Greg last week

Aurum Gulth and Melek Brysias are their full names. They will be found when someone wants to find them or Greg wants them for something. That could be soon or could be never. Maybe in the last 10 years someone already reached out?
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby Cailin » June 28th, 2011, 11:28 pm

So what do you guys think of that new Duke Nukem Game? Also what's your favorite pizza place? And lastly, will Aurum and Melek make a cameo appearance in the campaign sometime in the future?

1. Duke? I never played it as a kid so I think I'm missing out on a lot of inside jokes there.

2. Zachary's Pizza in Berkeley, CA. If you like deep dish pizzas, this place makes them with super fresh ingredients and it tastes amazing.

3. Will A+M make an appearance? I hope so, even if it's just as an NPC cameo.
Cailin
TK Player

Postby lincoln » June 29th, 2011, 10:11 am

1. (hangs his head) I have never played any Duke Nukem games... I have never even seen it played, except for when I just looked it up on youtube so I wouldn't feel so noobish.
2. Village Pizzeria in Truckee, CA - best pizza place ever. The service is horrible, but if you get the pizza to go you can't go wrong. The feta tomato pizza is my all time favorite (pesto sauce, sliced tomatoes, lots of mozzarella, then sprinkled with feta crumbs). Kind of a hippy pizza, i know, but it is seriously amazing.
3. Aurum and Melek were awesome. I was sad when they left, but Deomin and Brandis rocked pretty hard too, so I got over it. I would love it if they came back for a cameo!
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Eric Holland » June 29th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Havent played original Duke? Spread it on!

http://www.classicdosgames.com/online/1duke.html
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » July 1st, 2011, 12:02 am

It would be kinda ironic if you met up with them in baldur's gate. Hmm do I sense plans in motion?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Tu'Binh Kimquanan » July 1st, 2011, 11:56 am

(This is me, not my user-character) Forgive me this question but... are any of you fond of Pokémon? That game series was excellent and I even decided to name an Excadrill after Arora and a Bisharp after Brandis! :D

I plan on using names of the characters in various ways, he he he.
Tu'Binh Kimquanan

Postby Thor The Crusher » July 2nd, 2011, 5:02 am

I have a question about next week, are you guys playing or is there no game next Thursday? Also if there is a game who isn't coming to play? Is Dan going to be there? Would Mclovin be DMing? What do you all think about that cartoon show My little pony: Friendship is magic? Is Lincoln feeling better? I has many questions :D.
Thor The Crusher

Postby Thoth » July 2nd, 2011, 10:01 am

Thor The Crusher wrote:... are you guys playing or is there no game next Thursday? Also if there is a game who isn't coming to play? Is Dan going to be there? Would Mclovin be DMing? What do you all think about that cartoon show My little pony: Friendship is magic? Is Lincoln feeling better?

These questions, and many others will be answered on the next episode of SOAP.
Thoth

Character Name: Verbose Chatmod

Postby Thor The Crusher » July 2nd, 2011, 10:26 am

nuuuuu Thoth you evil man! ;-;
Thor The Crusher

Postby Greg » July 2nd, 2011, 10:27 am

Thor The Crusher wrote:I have a question about next week, are you guys playing or is there no game next Thursday? Also if there is a game who isn't coming to play? Is Dan going to be there? Would Mclovin be DMing? What do you all think about that cartoon show My little pony: Friendship is magic? Is Lincoln feeling better? I has many questions :D.

We will be playing. And by "we" I mean not me or Cailin. It'll at least be Eric, Lincoln, Sam, and Dan, and it wouldn't surprise me if Eric calls in some guest stars to fill in.

I watched the first episode of the new My Little Pony show after seeing all the fuss about it and it wasn't half bad!

Lincoln is going golfing today so I think that means he is feeling better.
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Postby Thor The Crusher » July 2nd, 2011, 10:45 am

That's good to hear, btw have fun in Vegas Greg, don't gamble while drunk though, don't want you gambling away your house or car. It's good to hear Lincoln is feeling better, and I assume Eric will be Dming next week?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Thor The Crusher » July 2nd, 2011, 10:53 am

Greg is officially a Brony btw
Thor The Crusher

Postby Eric Holland » July 2nd, 2011, 11:07 am

Brony? Gross. Yeah, we will be playing this week, and broadcasting too if I can get a little help with the setup. Ill work out with McKevin who will DM unless another one of the boys wants a turn. Sam and I were swapping ideas after the sesh and Im looking forward to it.
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby lincoln » July 2nd, 2011, 11:38 am

Yeah, I'm feeling better. I think it was a 24 hour thing my daughter had. It was kicking the crap out of me during that combat on Thursday night. I had to go to the bathroom once because I thought I was going to be sick. To top it off, I am having surgery next week so I couldn't even cut the pain with ibuprofin :cry: . But, as I said before, I felt crappy most of the day yesterday, but am at ~90% today :D. Next sesh I will be back and better than evar!
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » July 2nd, 2011, 9:50 pm

@Lincoln good to hear man, also please try to remember about your robe's effect next time. Would of been the most awesome moment of the night to see you dominate that solo Lincoln. Other then that I hope you guys are able to set up the stream ok, or if not have someone in the chat tell everyone whats happening lol.
Thor The Crusher

Postby Thor The Crusher » October 11th, 2011, 7:24 pm

What day are you guys playing on this week?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Eric Holland » October 11th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Tomorrow Wednesday Oct 12th at 7 PM
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » October 12th, 2011, 12:44 am

Sweet, is everyone going to be there or does someone have to work?
Thor The Crusher

Postby lincoln » October 12th, 2011, 11:26 am

We will all be there! And, given the amount of tingling I'm getting from my spidey senses, it should be an awesome sesh!
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Cailin » October 12th, 2011, 12:50 pm

I love how excited you are, Lincoln. :)

Also Episode 86 is up, sorry it took so long but that cold really slowed my progress.
Cailin
TK Player

Postby lincoln » October 12th, 2011, 12:53 pm

I'm just stoked to hopefully see some long-awaited Hughbert backstory/RP/badassery!
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Thor The Crusher » October 12th, 2011, 12:57 pm

Yeah I agree Lincoln, I love all the RP Sam has been getting, it's really fleshing out Hugh, giving him more depth.
Thor The Crusher

Postby Thor The Crusher » October 20th, 2011, 6:19 pm

So Cailin do any other paladin from Arora's order live in the ship? Do they have a base there? Also what is Arora's paladin rank now? Is she like a Great Grandmaster of the order of Bahamut?
Thor The Crusher

Postby Cailin » October 21st, 2011, 9:41 am

Arora doesn't care much for "leading the flock" or even managing Bahamut's order. After all, she has the weight of two nations on her shoulders already. Arora's current title is High Justiciar of Bahamut, which gives her a lot of sway among the enforcement branch of Bahamut's Paladins, but she leaves the devotional/philosophical side to the priests and clerics.

The problem with keeping a bunch of Bahamut Paladins on a ship together is that eventually they will start acting like really bored police officers, fining and giving out demerits for the slightest infraction. They just can't help themselves. Jucticiars in particular need to right wrongs and bring justice to wrong-doers like they need food and water. Arora also does her best to keep them away from Wrenn as much as possible, because they would never understand the mental gymnastics Arora has to perform in order to justify NOT smiting him on a daily basis.
Cailin
TK Player

Postby lincoln » October 21st, 2011, 10:02 am

Cailin wrote:Arora also does her best to keep them away from Wrenn as much as possible, because they would never understand the mental gymnastics Arora has to perform in order to justify NOT smiting him on a daily basis.

Not to mention the fact that Wrenn would have no problem taking their pious butts down a peg or two...
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Eric Holland » October 21st, 2011, 12:24 pm

Im glad that the Paladiny side of Arora is getting some attention. Even though she has been largely Queening(Ulgarth and Thunderstrike) for ten years, the in-game transition from favored paladin to pressured nobility was pretty abrupt. It would be cool to know more about Aroras paladining side. Are there major annual events that she attends? Courts of Judgement in other lands? Other religious alliances she must attend to?

Another thing that has recently occured to me is the difficult balance between judgement and openness that Arora strikes. She has love in her heart for everyone she meets, but the more involved she becomes in peoples lives, the more likely it is that she will feel compelled to stand in judgement of them. Does she see her judgement as a service to help others? What does she feel like she does to most contribute(besides save the world alot) to the people(besides the Quorum) she cares for?
Eric Holland
TK Player

Postby swimteampie » October 21st, 2011, 1:53 pm

Borkad (the golden dragon/canary) told Arora that she is prophecised by Bahamut to unite and rule over the Shining Lands
(Durpar, Estagund, Ulgarth, Var), and make it into a beacon of light to ward off some encroaching shadow.
So she has to step up her ruling-game as well, she's only one quarter of the way there.

"You will unite the Shining Lands under one glorious banner as its grand sovereign." -- Episode 61 - 19:30
swimteampie

Postby Kessoku » October 24th, 2011, 3:31 am

When Arora faced her grandfather, she elected to kill him. Does she ever worry that she sank to his level, or is she fine with having executed him?

Deomin was really down when Kelar died and spent a big chunk of time brooding. Nowadays it seems he doesn't get much time with her, so will we see more shenanigans with her?

Has Wife of Brandis begun demanding children whenever Seldi is mentioned, or does she dote on her like a very brawny grandmother?

Will Thunderstrike ever open it's own orphanage to give Wrenn his very own Orphan Swarm?

Has the story of That Time Hugh Rolled Badly And Broke His Back On That Mountain With Klethen ever been mentioned in front of Arora?
Kessoku

Next

Return to Everything Else