Season 2 Reactions

This is for any RPG related out-of-character stuff like rules discussions, character ideas, loot wishlists, etc. If it's about game mechanics in any way, it goes here.

Postby Harsgault » June 7th, 2013, 10:08 am

Well Greg kind of asked for feedback, so let's get to it.

So far with episode one I have positive feelings. It was both educational and entertaining to see the character concepts for each player move from purely thought to character sheet and ready for action. Linked with that I was also pleased with the amount of information about the new campaign setting given in the character generation process. Many of the more entertaining fantasy or science fiction books out there do not begin with a detailed explanation of the world, but rather throw the reader into the story with relatively little detail. The world then unfolds in the minds of the readers as they progress and learn more through the eyes of the characters. I was pleased to see this process mimicked in episode one for the audience. There is some detail to go into of course but I don't want to give out any spoilers.

Dicecam will be a nice thing to see return. It will be most interesting to see season 2 develop with it's companion Wednesday game!
Harsgault

Re: Season 2 Reactions

Postby Greg » June 7th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback sir!
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Re: Season 2 Reactions

Postby MikeD » June 7th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Well I'm interested to see what happens, and what the two new members bring to the table, along with what happens with the Wednesday game. I had also been concidering running a 4e War of the Burning Sky campaign with my group before yesterday, but after episode 1 I'm leaning towards running an Edge of the Empire campaign instead. I liked the new table layout, in season 1 Lincoln and Dan had a tendency to be off the edge of the camera from time to time, and having an entirely TK campaign setting is something that I am very interested in seeing, after the twists you guys placed on the Realms back in season 1.
MikeD

Character Name: That Canadian Mod

Return to Metagame