Dread: Under a Full Moon Sky

This is for any RPG related out-of-character stuff like rules discussions, character ideas, loot wishlists, etc. If it's about game mechanics in any way, it goes here.

Postby Greg » December 28th, 2012, 2:21 pm

Good game last night guys!

I definitely have some things about the system I'd like to get a better handle on, but overall I feel like the session played out pretty well!
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Re: Dread: Under a Full Moon Sky

Postby Sam » December 29th, 2012, 4:59 pm

It was pretty fun.
Sam
TK Player

Character Name: Hugh Weaver

Postby Dan » December 29th, 2012, 11:16 pm

That jenga tower was so tall, it made the gods angry at our hubris.
Dan
TK Player

Character Name: Brandis

Postby Kevin? » December 30th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Oh my, that session was a LOT of fun!

I absolutely love the Dread system. That story was honestly scary at points!

It will be fun to see what you guys do for the next session. It seems that Greg will be able to tie in his questionnaires with the story so that everyone's dark pasts will at least have a chance to come through.

I was thinking about the option to not pull, and I think in the next sessions it would be interesting to make the consequences of not pulling more scary. For example, you could pull to climb down the cliff safely, or you could suffer a hurt ankle. Later, that hurt ankle might lead to a broken ankle, which would lead to more pulling later! Or not pulling could lead to increased difficulty of passing other situations. For example, if you chose to hurt your ankle when climbing down the cliff, then the difficulty of running away from the werewolf increases to 3 pulls instead of just 2. That way there is more reason to take the pull, even if the "consequence" is purely flavor (receiving a bad scar, getting sick, becoming afraid of the dark, etc).

But yeah, I had a great time. Long live Mohawk!
Kevin?
TK Player

Postby Greg » December 30th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Kevin? wrote:I was thinking about the option to not pull, and I think in the next sessions it would be interesting to make the consequences of not pulling more scary. For example, you could pull to climb down the cliff safely, or you could suffer a hurt ankle. Later, that hurt ankle might lead to a broken ankle, which would lead to more pulling later! Or not pulling could lead to increased difficulty of passing other situations. For example, if you chose to hurt your ankle when climbing down the cliff, then the difficulty of running away from the werewolf increases to 3 pulls instead of just 2. That way there is more reason to take the pull, even if the "consequence" is purely flavor (receiving a bad scar, getting sick, becoming afraid of the dark, etc).

Yeah, that's the way it's supposed to work: save the pull but risk long-term drawbacks. Of course, there aren't always going to be long-term drawbacks (otherwise strategically it would always be best to pull now). I had planned on doing this in our first session, but you guys only started not pulling near the very end!

I really look forward to the next one.
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Postby Kevin? » December 31st, 2012, 12:18 am

I definitely wish I could be there for the second game!

Hm... maybe I will just not go down to Visalia and do my five days of planning all on the Sunday before school starts!
Kevin?
TK Player

Return to Metagame