End of the Campaign Woes

This is for any RPG related out-of-character stuff like rules discussions, character ideas, loot wishlists, etc. If it's about game mechanics in any way, it goes here.

Postby lincoln » November 16th, 2012, 2:02 pm

It's funny... now that we are near the end, I find myself getting really excited to see just how everything will play out. However, I also get a little bit sad. There is a lot of stuff I would have loved to RP but now won't really get the chance. For example, I had this cool idea (that I alluded to in Wrenn's Wramblings) of making a wing of Wrenn's fortress in Cania a place for Frida. Hell, I even toyed with trying to put her in charge there when I moved up to take Asmodeus' spot. I had tons of ideas like this. Now we will never know what might have happened with any of them*...

So much to do and so little time...

*Unless the legendary KNoTS live on in our future writings or Fan Fic
lincoln
TK Player

Character Name: Wrenn

Re: End of the Campaign Woes

Postby Thoth » November 16th, 2012, 3:03 pm

Something that can be super fun after a long campaign is to get together for a 'non-session' with the entire group and run down a lot of the side stories and NPCs, and talk through a lot of the various plots and plans. It's a neat way to sort of do a world epilogue.

Might be fun for y'all to do before jumping straight into the next game. I know the fans would love it.
Thoth

Character Name: Verbose Chatmod

Postby countingku » November 16th, 2012, 3:07 pm

That would be an awesome thing for the fans, for sure.

I think it would also bring some closure to "The End of Things".
countingku

Character Name: TagrathBanhammer

Postby Mead » November 24th, 2012, 4:27 am

I'm listening to Episode 135 on TwitchTV and just got finished listening to the part where the Realmship nearly collided with its alternate reality versions of itself. I was so sad that the other ships didn't team up with the often-imitated-never-duplicated-original Quorum members. We totally missed the appearance of Kobold Brandis. And Nega-Wrenn and Nega-Aurora, the latter a surly, chain-smoking blackguard covered in tattoos and the former riding a fluffy white cloud and obliterating demons with rainbows and butterflies.

Anyway. Give that one some thought.
Mead

Postby Cailin » November 27th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Indeed, the fate of our nega-world selves keeps me (and probably Frida) up at night.
Cailin
TK Player

Character Name: Arora

Postby Mead » November 30th, 2012, 6:47 am

Just thought it could be a fun in-between session to wind things down after the epic conclusion. I'm sad to have this story come to a close, but equally excited to hear about your next set of (mis)adventures. :)
Mead

Postby Tu'Binh Kimquanan » February 15th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Campaigns end, it's a fact of life. I doubt Cailin and Lincoln and the others will be RP'g into their old age. :(

However, there is always fanfiction. Lincoln, you've got a deal with Frida AU fanfiction. I want to hook her up with someone after losing the one gnome in her life due to the evil Crimson Stone Rod. ;)

(It will probably take forever to write as I have the attention span of a gnat, though, but you'll be the first to know if I get it set up.)
Tu'Binh Kimquanan

Return to Metagame