Thursdays 10/18 and 10/25

This is for any RPG related out-of-character stuff like rules discussions, character ideas, loot wishlists, etc. If it's about game mechanics in any way, it goes here.

Postby Sam » October 16th, 2012, 1:01 pm

So we're out a Dan this week and the week after. Any exciting plans yet? If we're looking for guest stars, I think Eddie and maybe my sister Madsy might be available. Or we could call one of our viewers from nearby. I figure sending out invites sooner than later would be a good idea.
Sam
TK Player

Character Name: Hugh Weaver

Re: Thursdays 10/18 and 10/25

Postby Cailin » October 17th, 2012, 9:31 am

Oh there are plans. Plans within plans. And those plans are stored in small boxes inside of other boxes.

Cailin
TK Player

Character Name: Arora

Postby Jonin » October 17th, 2012, 12:21 pm

A thursday knights where the chat room decides which way to go via vote!
Jonin

Postby lincoln » October 19th, 2012, 10:01 am

Guys, Dogs in the Vineyard was pretty fun last night! I am stoked to play it again next week! I really like the way the conflict/resolution system works.
lincoln
TK Player

Character Name: Wrenn

Postby Cailin » October 23rd, 2012, 11:24 pm

Looks like I'm going to be running this shindig on Thursday. :D Time to learn how to run it!!
Cailin
TK Player

Postby lincoln » October 24th, 2012, 11:50 am

Alas kiddies, I have some good and bad news. The bad news is that I will not be attending tomorrow's DITV festivities (and Halloween dress-up). The good news is that I'm going to the World Series instead! Huzzah and go Giants!
lincoln
TK Player

Postby Jonin » October 24th, 2012, 3:14 pm

Normally I would say BOOOOOOOOOOO! But hey it's the world series. I'd go as well. :D
Jonin

Postby Thoth » October 25th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Just something I put together after Cailin cracked me up mid-scene:

Thoth

Character Name: Verbose Chatmod

Postby Sam » October 26th, 2012, 2:32 am

I had fun tonight. Thanks Cailin for GMing! It sort of ended up being like an old west version of Supernatural. Like, amazingly similar now that I'm thinking about it. Rolling into a town on the info that something's up, talking with local law enforcement, interviewing the witnesses, meeting the doctor, twisty plot, epic confrontation. I had a rather good time.
Sam
TK Player

Character Name: Hugh Weaver

Postby lincoln » October 26th, 2012, 3:12 pm

Giants won fwiw
lincoln
TK Player

Postby ADarkerPorpoise » October 26th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Glad to hear you had fun with my favorite system! Cailin did an excellent job GMing. I had a blast trying to sort out what was really happening in the town, and following the adventure of Washington "The knife block" Price.

It was fairly interesting for me seeing the Dogs played outside of their usual position of authority. In the last game I'd run my players ended up walking into town and shortly thereafter I accidentally introduced a character they weren't meant to have met yet. Long story short: They beat some information out of him and called a town meeting where they shot the four remaining cultists dead in the crowd and left telling the steward of the town to clean up the mess. Not my finest Dogs moment to be sure, but it was pretty amusing for us all that the situation was dealt with in less than an hour of game time.

On the subject of fallout that my inner rules lawyer was freaking out about, I think you started doing it correctly towards the end(unless the demon was throwing out eight ones in addition to two other dice) but during earlier conflicts with the Madame of the silver cat and those goons in the alley, blows were being taken but only a single fallout die was assigned. When you take the blow you take then total number of dice put out to match the opponents attack, so when Washington pulled out his hat in that magnificent fashion in the social conflict with Madame Lulu he'd have taken 3d4 social fallout rather than the single d4, likewise those goons Washington shot-up would've taken 3d10 rather than a d10.

Taking a bunch of fallout is awesome! So long as you aren't taking d10s that is, had Washington taken a few more d4s in fallout dice from Lulu he could have potentially gotten a long term fallout condition which would have let him advance a character stat or add a die to one of his traits had he rolled any ones in the die pool. Nothing quite like a freshly upgraded jar of dirt to help out with the pesky critters in a town.

Thanks again for playing my favorite system! I was incredibly excited and extremely entertained!
ADarkerPorpoise

Postby Cailin » October 26th, 2012, 7:24 pm

I'm glad to hear my GMing was passable to someone who knows the system so well! Sorry about the fallout dice thing, but I think next time we'll have a better idea of what's going on!

Sam, I've never seen Supernatural, but if it's anything like The Adventures of Washington Price then I'll have to check it out.
Cailin
TK Player

Postby Cailin » October 26th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Thoth wrote:Just something I put together after Cailin cracked me up mid-scene:

Tee hee! Madame Lulu knows how to work it.
Cailin
TK Player

Return to Metagame