Kevin Quest!

This is for any RPG related out-of-character stuff like rules discussions, character ideas, loot wishlists, etc. If it's about game mechanics in any way, it goes here.

Postby Cailin » April 6th, 2012, 2:45 pm

Well guys, that was a pretty fun adventure! I like shaking up the rules every know and then. I am reminded of how cinematic Feng Shui can be, and how flavorful Dogs in the Vineyard can make a campaign. Nice work, Kev!

Also, here's Flex.
flex.jpg
Just missing the shiny boots.
flex.jpg (43.71 KiB) Viewed 5466 times
Cailin
TK Player

Character Name: Arora

Re: Kevin Quest!

Postby swimteampie » April 7th, 2012, 1:25 am

Those boots don't look very shiny, or space-y for that matter.
swimteampie

Postby Cailin » April 7th, 2012, 9:15 am

swimteampie wrote:Those boots don't look very shiny, or space-y for that matter.

It's a tragedy of galactic proportions.
Cailin
TK Player

Character Name: Arora

Postby Sam » April 7th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Was a fun session. More loose and free-form than we typically play, but I liked it.
Sam
TK Player

Character Name: Hugh Weaver

Postby Kevin? » April 9th, 2012, 12:35 pm

Yeah, I had a lot of fun running it. I think we crafted a pretty cool story!
Kevin?
TK Player

Postby NHawkes » April 9th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Will there ever be a public release of the system?
NHawkes

Postby Kevin? » April 9th, 2012, 1:36 pm

I can definitely post the rules. They're completely unrefined and were basically crafted in a single night, but I think there is potential for something playable.
Kevin?
TK Player

Postby AlchemicFox » April 10th, 2012, 6:02 am

I get the feeling that I missed something awesome. Is this going to end up as a podcast episode?
AlchemicFox

Character Name: Baelethenar

Postby Kevin? » April 10th, 2012, 10:33 am

AlchemicFox wrote:I get the feeling that I missed something awesome. Is this going to end up as a podcast episode?

Well, it was a game in which Sam's scientist hot-wired his flying electric eel to his space lobster to make it explode, scattering a network of mind-controlling intelligent nanites ("vul-nites) so the characters could fly into a lunar city and deliver a sphere of lu-nites (naturally occurring nanites that would rein in the evil vul-nites) that they had acquired by defeating gargantuan beasts made up of living plants on a distant planet beneath a blue sun.

Yeah, it was fun!
Kevin?
TK Player

Postby AlchemicFox » April 10th, 2012, 12:41 pm

You just described the plot to Final Fantasy XIII if it hadn't sucked.
AlchemicFox

Character Name: Baelethenar

Postby SWMadness » April 10th, 2012, 3:10 pm

Kevin? wrote:I can definitely post the rules. They're completely unrefined and were basically crafted in a single night, but I think there is potential for something playable.

The rules for character creation and conflict resolution may need refining, but I loved the method you had for creating an entire setting and conflict for a one-shot game in like half an hour.
SWMadness

Postby Greg » April 10th, 2012, 7:29 pm

SWMadness wrote:
Kevin? wrote:I can definitely post the rules. They're completely unrefined and were basically crafted in a single night, but I think there is potential for something playable.

The rules for character creation and conflict resolution may need refining, but I loved the method you had for creating an entire setting and conflict for a one-shot game in like half an hour.

I plan on doing something very similar for our system tour when we're done with this campaign.
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Postby Sam » April 11th, 2012, 12:01 am

I loved the method you had for creating an entire setting and conflict for a one-shot game in like half an hour.

Yeah of the whole experiment that was the part I was most impressed with. I think that could be used with pretty much any system to make a fun one shot.
Sam
TK Player

Character Name: Hugh Weaver

Postby lincoln » April 11th, 2012, 8:59 am

SWMadness wrote:I loved the method you had for creating an entire setting and conflict for a one-shot game in like half an hour.

I agree wholeheartedly. Of the entire system, that was the part that I found coolest. And Sam is right too... you could use it for damn near any system. Very cool indeed.
lincoln
TK Player

Character Name: Wrenn

Return to Metagame