Pazuzuuu!

This is for any RPG related out-of-character stuff like rules discussions, character ideas, loot wishlists, etc. If it's about game mechanics in any way, it goes here.

Postby Cailin » March 5th, 2012, 12:53 am

Pazuzu's meddling certainly seems to be a recurring theme in the lives of our heroes, yet he never seems to act through direct involvement.

In the wake of Thunderstrike's disappearance the heroes are left to wonder... how far back does Pazuzu's game begin, and where do his trespasses end?

What are your thoughts?
Cailin
TK Player

Character Name: Arora

Re: Pazuzuuu!

Postby lincoln » March 5th, 2012, 9:28 am

I have wondered this too. His trickery seems to begin so early in time that I wonder what his true end game plan is? I mean, could he have started weaving these webs long ago to specifically target the Quorum? That seems a bit far fetched, but who knows.

*****A WISE MAN'S FEAR SPOILER*****

I have been wondering lately if Pazuzu is like the Cthaeh in A Wise Man's Fear; a malevolent, omniscient oracle whose influence is known by the Fae to bring about disaster. Maybe he is so old and bored that he likes to mess with other beings and their time lines just for the pleasure of seeing them suffer. Ugh, I hate those kinds of monsters and their paradoxes...
lincoln
TK Player

Character Name: Wrenn

Postby lincoln » March 5th, 2012, 9:33 am

Another thing... if we wanted to quit beating around the bush and go straight to the heart of the matter, do we have any leads on where we could find Pazuzu (or how to contact him at all)? That could merit some discussion...
lincoln
TK Player

Character Name: Wrenn

Postby Cailin » March 5th, 2012, 10:23 am

Well... if you remember we learned he responds to the call of good creatures in need of help, with the express purpose of corrupting them and manipulating them into ruining their own lives/and turning evil. But unlike a genie, he's not compelled to respond and will always know your true intent when summoning him. I believe it involves chanting his name three times.

But perhaps some demons are better left un-summoned.
Cailin
TK Player

Character Name: Arora

Postby Kevin? » March 5th, 2012, 4:08 pm

I would be hesitant about confronting Pazzy until we have finished collecting all the red-crystal items we need. It seems to me he would be likely to point us in the absolute wrong direction, and we want to be strong enough to face him and not, er, run away.
Kevin?
TK Player

Postby Tu'Binh Kimquanan » March 10th, 2012, 9:08 am

My theory after listening to Episode 105 - Pazuzu and Shar are in cahoots and trying to bring about the Ragnarok so they can rule Toril and oppress all of the planes. Shar is the kind of girl who would join up with evil demon lords considering that she helped Cyric create the Spellplague. <_<

Also, I think Solace is a piece of Midnight/Mystara the 2nd. I've read the novels detailing Cyric's rise to power in the Time of Troubles. The way Greg depicted the ruined Cyric in the Dark World as a madman would obviously be understandable if you've read the novels. :)

Anyways, if I spoiled anything, I'm sorry. These are just theories. After hearing the visions Wrenn and Brandis had, I am sure the Quorum is clearly aware that Pazuzu has some hand in trying to kill off the Quorum. He's their archnemesis. :twisted:
Tu'Binh Kimquanan

Postby MikeD » March 10th, 2012, 11:06 am

Just a quick lore reminder, at least as far as the current Realms lore. The Spellplague wasn't created, it was caused by the weave unraveling when Cyric and Shar killed Mystara, Cyric because that's just what he does and Shar because she wanted control of the weave.
MikeD

Character Name: That Canadian Mod

Postby Greg » March 10th, 2012, 3:07 pm

MikeD wrote:Just a quick lore reminder, at least as far as the current Realms lore. The Spellplague wasn't created, it was caused by the weave unraveling when Cyric and Shar killed Mystara, Cyric because that's just what he does and Shar because she wanted control of the weave.

And this is indeed accurate in TK's wacky "I change what I want" lore as well.
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Postby Kevin? » March 10th, 2012, 6:38 pm

I'm just waiting for the Pinter / Pazuzu vision!

Pazuzu appears over Pinter's crib. He hands the child a stuffed frog toy. He then says, "Your parents will screw you up more than I ever could." And then he vanishes.
Kevin?
TK Player

Return to Metagame