New Skill Challenge System

This is for any RPG related out-of-character stuff like rules discussions, character ideas, loot wishlists, etc. If it's about game mechanics in any way, it goes here.

Postby Greg » February 16th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Hey guys,

Tonight we'll be trying a new skill challenge system. I wanted to post the rules in advance so you could read them over so there will be less confusing during session. However, it's now absolute last minute and some of you might even be at my house already!

Regardless, here are the rules which I will also have printed out. Also this way our fans can follow along!

The system is called "Don't Wake the Sentries" and it's based on Kassoon's rules he published here. The Thursday Knights version has been modified in a few small but important ways that (I hope) will make it even more fun.

Attached is the PDF of the rules, as well as a handy flow chart that will hopefully make it easy to see what a turn looks like.

Don't Wake the Sentries.pdf
(72.83 KiB) Downloaded 484 times

DWtS_Flowchart_Screen.png
DWtS_Flowchart_Screen.png (40.58 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
Greg
TK Dungeon Master

Character Name: Dungeon Master

Re: New Skill Challenge System

Postby Thor The Crusher » February 16th, 2012, 6:16 pm

Yay I love your skill challenges Greg, thanks for posting this! :D
Thor The Crusher

Re: New Skill Challenge System

Postby Kevin? » February 16th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Looks like a lot of fun, I can't wait to play it. I'm guessing all of the skill challenges are going to be "Heal."

Question: Can we use encounter powers during skill challenges? I have one that could aid my saving throws.
Kevin?
TK Player

Return to Metagame